Forums

Underground cows on Mars

Underground cows on Mars

There are new reports of Marsquakes and even more rumbling noises picked up by the lander.

There is also a wad of material about Methane on Mars, link later

It is my submission that Mars is inhabited by the Martian Bovine. Only this theory can account for the rumbling and the methane.

If you read the Wikipedia entry on Mars Methane you will also observe that the methane mysteriously disappears. This may be much like our trees absorb CO2 here. I put this down to a herd of Martian Anticows in the atmosphere. How these exactly work is unknown to me, however I am sure there is a Youtube about it already. Then again they may be in another dimension.

Ross1 | October 3, 2019

I am having difficulty with the links, can someone do links for Wikipedia Methane on Mars, and

Mars lander captures symphony of sounds on planet's surface

blue adept | October 3, 2019
Ross1 | October 4, 2019

Thanks for those great links. Follow the science, may even get milk out there. Elon will be so happy.

jimglas | October 4, 2019

the most likely source of methane is bacteria

andy.connor.e | October 4, 2019

mars perma frost?

Ross1 | October 4, 2019

Bacteria and frost unlikely contenders due to the rumbly noises also present. Definitely cows.

sabbia | October 4, 2019

Ha.

TabascoGuy | October 4, 2019

@Ross1 - I'm pretty sure MBF (Martian bovine flatulence) contains bacteria. At least it smells like it does according to Curiosity.

SCCRENDO | October 4, 2019
Ross1 | October 4, 2019

Definitely cows:

From the current news feed:

Pause

Current Time 0:23
/
Duration 0:46
Fullscreen
NOW PLAYING
Resume
NASA lands on Mars
0:46
UP NEXT

NASA's InSight spacecraft has touched down on the red planet and is relaying images back down to Earth.
A top scientist at NASA says the agency will soon disclose something “revolutionary” about alien life forms.

Planetary science division director Dr Jim Green boasted the agency was close to “making some announcements” about finding life on Mars — but that we’re not ready for it.

Speaking to The Telegraph, he warned the world wasn’t prepared for the discovery of life on another planet, which may only be a couple of years away.

“It will be revolutionary,” Dr Green said. “It’s like when (Renaissance-era astronomer Nicolaus) Copernicus stated, ‘No, we go around the Sun.’ Completely revolutionary.

“It will start a whole new line of thinking. I don’t think we’re prepared for the results. We’re not.”

If there's already hamburger on mars, that just one less thing we have to pack on Starship! I hope they find bacon too.

Maybe we can turn the bacteria into cheese...

Ross1 | October 4, 2019

Bacon? My thoughts exactly. Yesterday in the news, 25% of pigs in the world are dead from swine fever. That in my mind makes them an endangered species. We need to make pigs an interplanetary species too, Elon.
What about a Gofundme for getting pigs to Mars?

Ross1 | October 4, 2019

/news/2019-10-04/african-swine-fever-explainer-pigs-pork-prices-australia/11571822

andy.connor.e | October 4, 2019

imagine if finding bacon was like finding ore underground. "Sir, we've struck a vein of bacon"

jimglas | October 4, 2019

this thread is strange

@Jimglas. Agreed.

Ross1 | October 4, 2019

judge not that you be not judged

Ross1 | October 4, 2019

Strange indeed but @SCCR has been unable to keep away, he has posted twice already

@Ross. I guess I own 2 Teslas with over 200,000 miles. Perhaps I am more entitled to express my opinion than some a**hole in Tasmania who has not forked out a dollar in support of Tesla yet trolls these threads posting idiotic threads.

jimglas | October 5, 2019

I never said strange is a bad thing

Mel. | October 5, 2019

If you watch Stranger Things, you will find rats, no cows. Maybe next season

blue adept | October 5, 2019

This must be what that kid meant by 'fearing for the future of Humanity'....

Subterranean moo-moos, people, we're talking about subterranean moo-moos!

David N | October 5, 2019

McMars franchise possibilities.

Ross1 | October 5, 2019

Sub terraneum means below earth.
Submartian, methinks, moo-moos.

Actually the proper &/or technical term is "hypogean", as in 'hypogeam moo-moos', but I didn't want to sound so cerebral and wanted to make sure everyone could relate/understand what I was getting at so the joke wouldn't go over everyone's head...

BTW, thanks for ruining that for me.

@Ross1

Ross1 | October 8, 2019

I thought 'underground ' would have covered it.

rxlawdude | October 8, 2019

@Ross, I'm sorry. I refuse to cowtow (sic) to your OP assertion.

You can now tell me to mooove along.

andy.connor.e | October 8, 2019

whats the beef?

Ross1 | October 8, 2019

Growing artificial beef in petri dish at the ISS, all this tech will be 'waisted' if there are underground cows in space

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/frankenstein-meat-grown...

blue adept | October 8, 2019

Ah, but they're not in Space, they're on Mars allegedly, well, beneath it's surface anyway.

blue adept | October 17, 2019

Tell us the truth, @Ross1, you were just "on a break", weren't you?

Ross1 | October 17, 2019

what do you mean, are you not taking my breakthrough seriously?

Ross1 | October 17, 2019

Picked up by NY Times

..w.nytimes.com/2019/04/07/opinion/mars-methane-gas.html

Ross1 | October 17, 2019

OK, not my culture.

blue adept | October 22, 2019

Moo...?

stingray.don | October 23, 2019

Well, cows by definition are female. You would need a population of males of the same species to maintain a cow population long term. And that’s a lot of bull.