Forums

Spotify issues in V10

Spotify issues in V10

Hello all

Spotify app is great on the car. Music quality is much better.

However, I noticed that shuffle doesn’t work for me. Repeat isn’t checked but it always repeats the next song and doesn’t allow you to hit forward on steering wheel or screen to go to next phone either in my library or through playlists. Very weird. Yes, repeat is not checked. If I check shuffle nothing happens. It doesn’t even go to the next available song.

Anyone else have this issue?

Brunoranger | October 7, 2019

Next song.*

aptwo | October 7, 2019

log out of spotify then log back in.

cquail | October 7, 2019

I have subscribed to a 3 month Spotify trial. How do I get Spotify on our Model 3?

pebkac | October 7, 2019

cquail, use the app on your phone or pc, make an account, and use the login in the car

Brunoranger | October 9, 2019

Continued...

So now, whether in my ‘liked songs’ or a playlist, shuffle feature only works if you skip to the next song before the song ends. If the song ends it just repeats itself and shuts off the scroll wheel or screen option of going back or forward to another song without choosing said song through the screen. Anyone else?

globalMan | October 12, 2019

Is this Tesla-supported Spotify feature valid only with a Spotify Premium account?

Does it support the free Spotify account?

stephenkuzma | October 13, 2019

My issue is similar but not entirely the same.
I've had the issue where it keeps repeating the same song or same 2or 3 song's.
But I'm also having my Spotify lock up and not okay any songs constantly.
After 5or 6 songs the app just hangs for sometimes 10 min, until I either reboot the whole infotainment unit.

I can't even log out of the app or select anything else during this time.

jdsl97 | October 14, 2019

Exact same issue here; songs don’t shuffle and majority of times cannot load songs after playing few tracks

howard | October 14, 2019

It does not start automatically next drive. I don’t like going thru 3 or 4 steps to get it playing again. It drops out all the time and won’t play unless I go out to slacker and back in thru the 3 steps. Today I get in and it wants me to reauthorize the account. I am just canceling the trial and sticking with amazon prime music. It is proudly better and is free since I have prime. Another failed Tesla rollout. Good idea but too frustrating!

howard | October 14, 2019

Oh forgot shuffle does not work. Starts at beginning over and over unless you go to station scroll down to select a new song all while driving.

spuzzz123 | October 15, 2019

Lol now Howard suddenly cares about entertainment features.

Effopec | October 15, 2019

Yeah, Spotify is very buggy right now. I haven't had issues with shuffle, but it will regularly lock up with the spinning circle. Sometimes I can go to slacker and go back and it will work (though I need to choose the file from the library again), and other times it locks me out for the whole drive - though I haven't tried a reboot. I'm on my 4th iteration of V10, you'd think they could fix things like that by now.

AAinSoCal | October 15, 2019

Has anyone found a way to play podcasts through the Tesla spotify app? My subscribed podcasts don’t show up in the library folder.

howard | October 15, 2019

spuzzz123 | October 15, 2019
Lol now Howard suddenly cares about entertainment features.

Yeah, you know Music features that work in all my other cars. CarPlay works amazingly well along with Sirius satellite

tomas.marecek | October 15, 2019

same problem in europe. spotify playing one song repeatedly. no way to play whole playlist....

liuhao0106 | October 15, 2019

I have the same problem and here is the fix:

If you login Spotify account on your phone, the Tesla Spotify app will not play the next song. Just force quit the Spotify on your phone and it will fix it.

captg1 | October 15, 2019

Anyone having playback issues? In my car it will stop playing frequently and I can't get it working and I find myself using Bluetooth for Spotify.

mknewman | October 15, 2019

I want a SIriusXM app. I have a lifetime account. It almost sorta works using the browser and their web based player but you cannot select a station. If I could, I'd use that.

I bought a Spotify account when V10 came out but plan to cancel it soon. The app is awful, it freezes up, it's hard to select playlists and it's just not as easy to use as Slack, but it does have a way better selection. I can live without it.

johnyosko | October 16, 2019

Mine seems to freeze after a song and not play the next song until I click the NEXT button on my steering wheel. Minor annoyance really, the sound quality is much better than playing the music through bluetooth like I was previously though so that's cool.

Chdesai | November 8, 2019

Same issue with song repeating here. Have logged out and back in again to the same results. Additionally, if you let a song come to its end, than it will repeat AND gray out the ‘next track’ selection

Chdesai | November 8, 2019

Same issue with song repeating here. Have logged out and back in again to the same results. Additionally, if you let a song come to its end, than it will repeat AND gray out the ‘next track’ selection

Josephc618 | November 10, 2019

Spotify is extremely buggy, cant even stay logged in most of the time. Rebooted multiple times and still the same. Hope the new 36.2 will fix it.

tlukas1 | November 11, 2019

I've had issues searching with Spotify in the car. Also, if I select an option like "replay song" on the app on my phone, it will cause Spotify in my Tesla to act weird. It will simply stop playing after each song. Some improvement to be had there.