Forums

What Is Your Longest Leg ?

What Is Your Longest Leg ?

No - not that leg - the distance from one Supercharger to the next. Given the long range version of Model S with 370 rated miles it is tempting to bypass what used to be required Supercharging stops. So how far have you gone between charging ?

Bighorn | October 24, 2019

295 miles

No skipping involved. Brewer, Maine to Aulac, New Brunswick in 2018.

Mathew98 | October 24, 2019

I was going to say my left leg maybe about half a mm longer than the right one. The one in the middle, fugitaboutit!

GHammer | October 24, 2019

About 210 twice. Redmond OR to Baker City Or and Susanville CA to Hawthorne NV.

jjs | October 24, 2019

315 with a 2013 P85. 5 years ago from Lone Tree, CO to Gothenburg NE. Downhill, wind at my back, driving slow. Back before there were any Superchargers in NE. Driven in the middle of the night with very little traffic. Ah, the good old days.

jjs | October 24, 2019

I believe the record is 425 or something like that. Father and son in FL driving in the 20s on very flat (it is Florida) roads. I believe that was also with a P85.

bishoppeak | October 24, 2019

A couple weeks ago I went from Invermere, BC to Coeur d'Alene, ID 241 miles in my P100D. Started with 100% arrived at the supercharger with 7%. Normal driving and conditions.

marcustcohn | October 24, 2019

@bighorn - I see some of the distances and while they are real they are far from a practical application. How did you manage to exceed the rated miles by that much ? My dilemma is from Miner MO to Texarkana TX- 277 miles or to stop off at Memphis but add almost 50 miles to the trip as the SC is way on the east side of Memphis and I am headed west. Sounds like with a full charge 277 should be doable if the temperature is not too low?

jjs | October 24, 2019

@Samo and Bighorn
Clearly, I'm not keeping up with the times.

@marcus
Sorry, that was in my P3D. The efficiency isn’t that much different in reality.

jimglas | October 24, 2019

Left

marcustcohn | October 25, 2019

At the end of the day I am left with the tables at Teslike and then you have to subtract 20% (assuming you charge to 90% and leave a cushion of 10%) so that would provide 240 miles of actual driving at 75 assuming the temperatures are OK and no real wind. Seems I will have to stop in Memphis on my way to LIttle Rock (I had posted Texarkana). The only question remaining is has anyone gone that far or further in a Long Distance Model S ?

geo.teepe | October 25, 2019

253 miles MS 75D on a wet gravel road (Dempster Highway Yukon terr)

marcustcohn | October 25, 2019

@geo.teepe That is very impressive - do you recall the speed and temperature ?

geo.teepe | October 25, 2019

35 mph for over 7 hours. Temperature varied due to altitude 40 to maybe 55.
No heat no air no lights no radio.
You can only travel that slow in the high north, I saw 6 or 8 vehicles in those hours and you have to be a patient man

RNEberun20 | October 26, 2019

210 miles. From home to St Louis super charger. Spent two days in town. We hit the super charger to top off before the 210 miles back home. 2014 P85 (with 110000 miles on her at the time) summer weather. Driving briskly 75+.

marcustcohn | October 26, 2019

No doubt - but it is instructive on the relation of speed to range.