Forums

New West Palm Beach FL Service Center now open

New West Palm Beach FL Service Center now open

Those of you in south FL probably heard that the West Palm Beach Service Center was moving to a new location on Okeechobee Blvd. FYI, the move happened today. My service advisor doesn’t know what Tesla plans to do with the old location.

The new address is 5544 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach FL 33417.

Tesla2018 | February 26, 2020

I was at the old location today to see about the email stating that solar roofs are available in FL and they were open too. Said they are closing in a few days. Nothing is being done with old location and superchargers will be there but not sure for how long. Person said Wawa superchargers are faster which I be wasn't aware of since I rarely sipercharge.

Kind of stinks since I could ride my bike or walk home from old one if I needed to drop car off since it was so close but glad that they got a new larger facility.

EVRider | February 27, 2020

The superchargers at the old location were only for the use of the service center, although they used to be public. Maybe they’ll make them public again depending on what they do with that location, unless they move the superchargers to the new location.

grins.va | February 27, 2020

Is the new SvC larger and do you expect they will hire more mechanic/technicians? Both good.

EVRider | February 27, 2020

I think the new service center is larger, don't know about their hiring plans.

Tesla2018 | February 27, 2020

Afew years ago they said the new service center wouldn't have superchargers but a place in downtown WPM around the convention center would have them. Then they put them at the Wawa. Don't know if the new service center has them or not.

I went to the Dyer Rd superchargers a few months ago to download an update since I don't have wifi.. A stall didn't have a cone so I tried it for a minute and it worked. Guess they just want to keep them freed up for charging cars that are that are being delivered. Drove by one night at 11Pm and a carrier was dropping off cars so I guess they didn't want the public leaving cars there in case they need them. I will stop by this weekend and see if they took the signs down.

Did anyone notice that their is a single Chargepoint charger in the parking lot of an office building near the Gardens Mall. I tried it just for the hell of it be and it didn't allow me access. Also I visited FPL headquarters in Juno and noticed it has about 20 chargers in their employee parking lot and another 20 in their parking garage but it most says employees only. Looks like all types and brands in the garage. Can companies program Chargepooint and other chargers so that only specfic Chargepoint cards that belong to their employees work on them? Was afraid to try and see if it would reject and then have their security department yell at me for not being an employee.

rafr | February 29, 2020

I went by the new West Palm Beach Tesla service center on Okeechobee Blvd today.

It is the old Volvo dealership before Schumacher acquired, and moved them. This facility is much larger than the one on Dyer for both sales and service. The Dyer location may be re-purposed.

The sales portion does not appear to be open yet as they have not moved the sales people yet from Dyer. They did have each of the cars on display. The service center looks open. Very large and clean.

The Gardens Mall sales location will still stay open.

I did see multiple (approx 8-10) destination type chargers associated with parking spaces.

They chuckled when I inquired if they when there would be a model Y in the show room soon.

Tesla2018 | March 1, 2020

I drove by today. Looks nice by I didn't stop in. Funny that it is almost across the street from Century Village. Tesla must figure that if all the 90 year olds that live there are used to plugging in their Rascal scooters then they can probably figure out how to plug in a car. They will all be able to say "Navigate Home" and it will cut down on the silver alerts on I 95.

dustin.mcgrath79 | March 2, 2020

I preferred Dyer supercharging back in the day, Wawa can be sketchtown at night.

yenctp123 | March 2, 2020

The article you share here is great. I really like and appreciate your work
http://picbeauti.com/mishtalk

Tesla2018 | March 2, 2020

Don't know why Wawa locks the back door by the Superchargers at night. Guess they figure people using the ATM might walk out the back door and get mugged. But the police are always hanging out there to get food and some Army people from the training center on Congress are in there a lot too. Latest I have gone there is around 10pm so I don't know if the hoodlums come out later. I've had a punk try to sell me drugs at a gas station on Northlake and a crack whore trying to sell me a corded land line phones out if a shopping cart. Had a scary looking guy come up to me who was all dirty and I thought he was going to ask me for money, but he was a former football player who just got done fishing and and just wanted to ask me about my car.

NKYTA | March 2, 2020

Thank goodness it wasn’t a crying baby.

Might have turned out differently.

Tesla2018 | March 3, 2020

Better than a crying adult snowflake like you NKYTA. I would have had to put on a MAGA hat to scare you away!

NKYTA | March 3, 2020

I'd hardly be scared of a MAGA hat.

It is just an indicator of someone who has been conned and doesn't understand that science is real.

And you contradict yourself, you just said you have a KAG hat.

My intolerance for crying babies is subsiding while my intolerance for sheep following a con man continues to grow. Someone with a high school education should be able to see through the bullshit.

Call me a snowflake do you?

Fine.

You've proved you are an imbecile more than once in just the last year.