Forums

2020.8.1 Bluetooth

2020.8.1 Bluetooth

I just downloaded 2020.8.1 which purports to improve bluetooth connectivity. My bluetooth now intermittently drops about every 10 seconds (10 seconds on / 1 second off). Anybody else have this issue? Should I expect a patch soon?

wwhite26 | March 9, 2020

My bluetooth no longer works at all since the update. Can't connect my phone (which was previously connected), can't disconnect it, and can't add new devices.

Jim | March 13, 2020

Yeah, mine's busted too. Which is seriously a bummer as that is the only thing I ever use is streaming from my phone. Tesla, please fix this quickly!!

Waleed | March 14, 2020

Same here. After the update I can’t stream to the car anymore. The Bluetooth connection drops after a few seconds. It was working perfectly before the update.

wwhite26 | March 16, 2020

Got notice of a new update last night, which I hoped would be a patch for this problem. Did the install, nothing changed, blue tooth is still unreliable. I also only stream music from my phone, but I also worry that the lack of connectivity means my hands free phone won't function either. I don't do Twitter, but if any of you do, get on Twitter about this to see if Tesla will pay attention.

jjgunn | March 16, 2020

What phone(s) do you folks have?? If it's an older iPhone, that may be the reason.

I have Pixel 2 XL with no issues. I did have to reconnect to Bluetooth after the HW upgrade from 2.5 to 3.0. after that 2020.8.1 & also 2020.12 have no issues for me.

wwhite26 | March 18, 2020

Mine is an iPhone 7, still only connects intermittently.

mbp11 | March 19, 2020

I had a funny problem with my bluetooth iphone after the 2020.12 update. My Model X is a July 2018 build and upgraded MCU 3.0. When I connected on a call, the call would come through the car speakers for a minute, then disconnect for 20 seconds (radio would come back on) then would reconnect for another minute and then disconnect, back and forth.

I finally seemed to get rid of it by disconnecting and re-pairing my phone and doing a double scrollwheel reboot. It took a LOOONNG time to reboot but the problem seems to have gone away.

weird!

Mike P

Kashmanchew | April 7, 2020

I'm having the same issue ever since the 2020.8.1 on my model X.
And yesterday while driving my display behind the steering wheel was acting funny and showing 0 mile per hour no matter what the speed! I have scheduled service for this week. We'll see what comes out of this.
The temp solution seems to be to reboot the car's software system.

ameerkhan4901 | April 10, 2020

And yesterday while driving my display behind the steering wheel was acting funny and showing 0 mile per hour no matter what the speed! I have scheduled service for this week. We'll see what comes out of this.

ameerkhan4901 | April 10, 2020

https://mrameertech.com/

TeslaTap.com | April 10, 2020

@ameerkhan4901 - is a copy and paste spam bot - please flag.

Kashmanchew | April 17, 2020

So, after scheduling mobile service which Tesla changed to "service center location", I took my Model X in and left it for 5+ hours with them. They had ordered an SD and updated the firmware and did a bunch of tests..
The very same night, I get out of the car and get back in and the phone and car would not connect. Showed connected but no music. I had to reboot the car again to be able to re connect them as nothing else was working. Super annoying... I am 100% sure it is related to a bug in the 2020.8.1 update. Tesla needs to dig into this. Scheduled yet another call.. FUN stuff!

sharonfrnakklin | April 19, 2020

Crack4sure.com provides authentic IT Certification exams preparation material guaranteed to make you pass in the first attempt. Download instant free demo & begin preparation. https://www.crack4sure.com/1z0-997-dumps.html

wbellis.ats | April 29, 2020

I've been struggling with the same problem. Usually goes away with reboot and returns within the day.

richard.osborn | May 21, 2020

I have a 2015 Model S, now on 2020.12.1 and still don’t have this Bluetooth improvement that I have been wanting for ages. Does it only apply to newer models? I hope not!