Forums

e-Mail connection

e-Mail connection

Hello, M3 turned 1 yr old on Monday. After a few weeks and trying to become educated on all features, I accessed my e-Mail through typing my provider (Spectrum/Charter) address, logging in and saving it. It was great as I surely preferred the car screen vs my phone. After using it a few (3 or 4) times I kept getting a white screen with this message in small type "internal server error". Every other address that I have saved or type via the search bar works well and every time without issues. I cannot get my e-Mail account to open. I use different approaches and can get to the Charter/Spectrum home page but when I try to access e-Mail the same error appears. Today, as I'm sheltering in place, I called Charter/Spectrum and they don't have a clue. Any thoughts? Repeating myself........using this screen vs the phone is so much better for this, and I would assume, other boomers.

andy.connor.e | April 2, 2020

can u delete browser cookies on car screen?

TeslaTap.com | April 2, 2020

There are a lot of limitations to the car's browser. My guess is that the email page is attempting to do something the car's browser is not capable of doing. The error seems to be coming from Spectrum. It would be nice if you got a clearer error message, but it likely wouldn't solve it either. I doubt Spectrum is willing to resolve it either. It seems like sloppy coding on their part.

Kary993 | April 2, 2020

I think it would if we could mirror our smartphone on the Model 3 screen avoiding issues with the browser.

rfpmoxie | April 2, 2020

Hello Andy.... but cookies cannot be deleted from all that I have read. Hello TeslaTap; the strange thing is that the first time that I used it I was thrilled as I was early for an appointment and dealt with e-Mail for, perhaps, 45 minutes and it was great. I know that I used it two or 3 times afterwards for shorter duration but I/it had no issues. Strangely, I can navigate to various Charter/Spectrum "home" pages, but after logging in correctly the internal server error message pops up. I guess during quarantine I should see if I get lucky with another call to Charter/Spectrum.

andy.connor.e | April 2, 2020

yea sorry, i just did a search and a few sources also say there is no way to delete browser cookies/data.