Forums

3 days left to make changes. Is PUP worth the money?

3 days left to make changes. Is PUP worth the money?

I have ordered a model X 90D with red paint, tan leather interior, 6 seat, Ultra high Fidelity, Autopilot, 20 inch wheels, and the tow package. I have 3 days left to make changes. The only option that I considering is the Premium Upgrade Package for the interior. I live in Florida, so the bio-defense package seems a waste of money for me. I wasn't impressed with the perforated seats on the demo model that I test drove. I am worried about them tearing over time. It wasn't night time or dark during the test drive so I am not able to tell the difference with the interior lighting or difference with the fog lights. The auto present seems unnecessary since I will be unplugging from work place charging at work with the level 2 charger adapter to Tesla connection every day. Am I missing any compelling reason to get the P.U.P.?

lilbean | October 7, 2016

Go with your instinct. I only like it for the auto present but sometimes it is inconvenient to have my door open when I don't want it to. For example, if you pull into the garage as a passenger in your spouse's car and you have your fob with you, the door may open right into the car and bam! Or when you wash your car, it opens when you don't want it to so you have to lock the car and put the keys far away and walk back and forth to open and close the doors.

MXBlack | October 7, 2016

We have the PUP and what I like the most is actually leather dashboard accent which make it looks so elegant.

jpcompetello | October 7, 2016

Probably not worth the $4.5k (at least that what the cost was for us) but in the whole scheme of things, what is $4.5k? Go for it!!!

eharden007 | October 8, 2016

Not getting PUP is like having a Ferrari that sounds like a VW Bettle. Spring for the PUP, it will help your resale value.

campusden | October 10, 2016

Only 1 day remaining. Any other reason? Resale value is the best that I have heard.

Pryoritiesinc | October 10, 2016

Are you comparing PuP to other add on features? If it was between pup and 22" wheels I would take pup in a second and just powder coat the 20"wheels black. You're getting AP, right? I gonna assume since you're getting the 90 $$$ is not the deciding factor

Pryoritiesinc | October 10, 2016

Sorry campusden, I just read your post again. The pup will also give you ventilated seats, not like you need them heated in FL

mvbf | October 10, 2016

People have been really happy with the textile seats and they will not stick to you in the heat. Save 7k and go textile non PUP.

raging.dragonfly | October 10, 2016

It is definitely a very subjective choice. We got the PUP because: a) biodefense mode - husband has severe allergies, and bio defense + the 2 extra charcoal filters that come along with it filter out all the pollen + nasty pollution etc. you might encounter; b) the exterior lighting: fog lights, and the lights that come on at night when you turn your blinker on to make a turn in a poorly lit area are wonderful; c) the ventilated seats are very subtle; it's not like an air-conditioned seat, nor is the air cold. It's ambient air temp, and it draws air thru the seats rather than blowing it out. But on very hot days, this makes a difference: our seats are always cool and dry, never hot - I'm from Miami, & I appreciate this! Oh, & we have the ultra white seats...d) I do like the suede accents on the dash, tho they weren't vital to the decision at all. Basically, we wanted the filters & lighting - oh, and the auto present door, too; the rest is gravy, but does sharpen the whole package up. NOTE: with one of the recent updates, the auto present doors aren't opening & shutting every time I go near it, just the first time. I haven't studied its pattern yet, but there is one, and it's much better now!

LimawanS85 | October 11, 2016

A bit late to the party but just putting out our choice. We decide against the PUP since we are not a big fan of the suede materials on the dash. Only thing I wish we had will be the bio defense mode and fog lights but can't justify that for extra $4500. Auto present door is cool but quite annoying at times when you are just passing by and it open up. Don't care much about ventilated seats since we can precondition the car before hand

LimawanS85 | October 11, 2016

A bit late to the party but just putting out our choice. We decide against the PUP since we are not a big fan of the suede materials on the dash. Only thing I wish we had will be the bio defense mode and fog lights but can't justify that for extra $4500. Auto present door is cool but quite annoying at times when you are just passing by and it open up. Don't care much about ventilated seats since we can precondition the car before hand

jpcompetello | October 12, 2016

What did you decide? Comments above seem to indicate a 'draw'. Just interested. We love our PUP.....

campusden | October 14, 2016

I have decided to NOT upgrade to the PUP and keep the tan leather interior. Thanks for all the sharing of input.

Pryoritiesinc | October 14, 2016

Good decision, now turn the page and wait....and wait....and then get the delivery date and then wait and then GRIN!!

campusden | October 17, 2016

I already have a VIN number and expected delivery time frame this year.