Forums

What should I do with my problematic Model S

What should I do with my problematic Model S

My 6 month old model S come with many problems : door paint squre inch colour defect, cannot connect with Supercharger, rear parking sensor not working.

The charging connectivity issue keep on happening despite it was changed. Tesla Hong Kong decline to fix it further.

I am going nowhere with Tesla Hong Kong customer service and they decline to let me know who to escalate further.

May I know what can I do? How can I get the attention of senior management if their team is not doing things right?

I can be reached at frankiewonghk@gmail.com. Thanks!

djmichaelmayhem | October 15, 2016

Look up the Head Office in USA:
Tesla Headquarters
3500 Deer Creek Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304

I must say tho, that seems very odd that they would brush you off, Tesla in General are pretty good at addressing warranty issues.

roger | October 15, 2016

Yes I have found them to be great. If charging is an issue you should be able to prove it to them in person.

Silver2K | October 15, 2016

this guy is a liar.
he said he gets a yellow ring using his home charger and now he's changing his story to supercharger.

lilbean | October 15, 2016

And a double poster.

Frank99 | October 15, 2016

Mathew and ST70 -
Those comments are uncalled for and uncouth.

cica3838 | October 15, 2016

Those are racist comments which were aimed at ridiculing the fact that he is Chinese. I hope this isn't a widespread problem amongst Tesla owners.

David N | October 15, 2016

Mathew and ST70,
You both should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mathew98 | October 15, 2016

What if I am from HK and my name is Wong? Who is the racist then?

For the record, the only other colors the charger flash beside green are red, white, and blue. How the heck does one gets it to flash yellow?

When have you ever recall an instance where a service center refused to take care of warranty work for defects of any kind? If anything else, Tesla service techs bend over backward to get issues resolved even if they didn't fix it the first time.

Does the OP sound too fishy to be true? Use some common sense.

GHammer | October 15, 2016

@Mathew I've had mine turn orange when the handle wasn't fully seated, it charged but at a greatly reduced rate.

According to the dash, my charge port was indicated as open even though iit was closed. It was an annoying message but the operation of the car wasn't impeded in anyway. I took it to service a few months later for the annual service service and casually mentioned it.

What did they do? They replaced the whole charge port! No fuss, no arguments.

After 6 months of ownership, any normal owner would unplug and reinsert the charger if the light didn't turn green or blue immediately.

The flat out refusal to honor repair works is just too unbelievable to be true. Otherwise the SC techs should be fired.

frankiewonghk | October 15, 2016

SilverP85plus ---- I am not a liar. My last post was too long. I deleted it and post a short one.

In my last post, I didn't mention what charger. So I mention Supercharger this time. Hope you understand.

ST70 and everyone ---- I don't know anyone in this forum. I am just someone in trouble and ask for help.

ST70 and everyone ---- I don't know anyone in this forum. I am just someone in trouble and ask for help.

@mychol ---- is there any phone no. I can reached for help? I tried the general line but never got connected with anyone.

Is there any specific no for complaint or warranty issue?

@Matthew98 ----- they didn't to what you said to me :

(What did they do? They replaced the whole charge port! No fuss, no arguments.)

my car has connectivity issue since the first day and Tesla staff told us it is normal to plug and unplug many time. It keep on happening and we returned for service but they still said it is fine. Until my car cannot be charged, they changed the charger. We have been struggling with them for 3 month. But 1 month later, the same issue happened, they also refuse to change it again.

I think thier support service quality has variation country to country.

That's why I ask for help here.

@Matthew98 ----- they didn't to what you said to me :

(What did they do? They replaced the whole charge port! No fuss, no arguments.)

my car has connectivity issue since the first day and Tesla staff told us it is normal to plug and unplug many time. It keep on happening and we returned for service but they still said it is fine. Until my car cannot be charged, they changed the charger. We have been struggling with them for 3 month. But 1 month later, the same issue happened, they also refuse to change it again.

I think thier support service quality has variation country to country.

That's why I ask for help here.

Longelon | October 16, 2016

The Hong Kong electric grid is 240 v. Don't know what is your installation for charging. You may want to check your home charging outlet which may indeed be the problem as you have it on day one; especially Tesla checks out their end.

Longelon | October 16, 2016

The Hong Kong residential electric grid is 240 v. Don't know what is your installation for charging. You may want to check your home charging outlet which may indeed be the problem as you have it on day one; especially Tesla checks out their end.

JayInJapan | October 16, 2016

Most owners in Hong Kong depend on Superchargers; there is often no place to set up home charging.

djmichaelmayhem | October 16, 2016

@frankiewonghk
The only "local" number is for sales that I noticed. May not be local for you, but should get you in contact to US.

I am sure Sales could provide you some direction to follow
(650) 681-5100

djmichaelmayhem | October 16, 2016

I will admit, have got a laugh here and there on this forum. But its funny to think that people who can afford a Tesla would act so wrong!
Maybe its the anonymity of the internet or perhaps they act out because they are simply spoiled brats.....

Who knows??

Captain_Zap | October 16, 2016

Charge ports turn yellow when the handle is not inserted properly.

Captain_Zap | October 16, 2016

handle/plug

lilbean | October 16, 2016

I'd pay extra to have the light that shows when not inserted properly.

frankiewonghk | October 16, 2016

@Longelon....I use Supercharger only as my home cannot install charger.

@JayInJapan......you are right!

@mychol....Thank much for your help! My language may caused a misunderstanding.I deleted the last post as I think it is too long and make a new post that seems more clear to ask for help. That may cause misunderstanding too. In fact, one of them help me out in my last post.

@Captain_Zap.....you are right. Always need to plug and unplug many time until one day it cannot be charged.

Silver2K | October 16, 2016

What @JayInJapan says makes lots of sense considering how many superchargers are in Hong Kong. What the OP is saying makes no sense and was directed to call Corp by me (877 number given), but he deleted that post. Tesla has nothing to lose fixing his problem and lots to lose by telling him to go away and not fix the problem.

---------------------------------------------
frank99, cica3838 and david n,

Mathew98 and ST70 are not racists, they were just joking for goodness sakes. You go to a comedy show pay good cash (@renwo) money to laugh at those jokes, but no one calls the comedian a racist. I said the word "tranny" once as a joke and mathew98 told me that's not a nice thing to say. you think a racist would have said anything?

yes sometimes things get out of hand, but lets not tell people they should be ashamed of themselves if you don't know them.

Mathew98 | October 16, 2016

Awww @Silver, my cheeks are turning bright red.

Did you just give me a low five down under? Thank you sir! May I have another?

no one likes a kiss ass.. :)

SUN 2 DRV | October 16, 2016

It IS racist... but maybe you think that's OK... it's your prerogative to support racism if you choose to...

SUN 2 DRV | October 16, 2016

Now, I want to get back to helping lilbean with her insertion light request....

Haha! Green light only please.

carlk | October 16, 2016

One might not have an ill intention when making those others consider racist jokes but that is the even worse problem that people who do. Let's all try to err on the more sensitive side.

carlk | October 16, 2016

--worse problem than people...

TPilot | October 16, 2016

Doesn't "tranny" mean transmission? What's wrong with that.

UnshodBob | October 16, 2016

@Tpilot - my high school auto shop teacher called the transmission a "tranny" back in 1970 or so.

ST70 | October 16, 2016

Sorry to those I offended...I'm not a racist. I really thought this had to be a fake post. I have a bad sense of humor sometimes...I really do like the name if it's true "Frankie Wong from Hong Kong"

So I left the principal's office with a scolding that I should never use the other p word in front of other children or I would never see her potato again.

I have to apple-igize to @Silver and @renwo. There are bigger potatoes in the room that you two. It's a sad day when one can't poke fun at his own heritage.

@Silver, don't leak the tape on our locker room banter, I might lose my election bid...

Son of a Gunn | October 16, 2016

Last time you were in a locker room was probably 8th grade. Athletes really don't talk like that in locker rooms as you and Trump would like people to believe. No, stop now.

No normal person talks like Donald Dump. Perhaps you missed the reference to the hair piece ever so slightly?

Now go play with your potato!

;p

Wow, none of you people have ever laughed at a racial joke in your email or in real life?

Where are my tapes!?! :)

Son of a Gunn | October 16, 2016

You two nitwits are here day and night forgetting that your reputation is representing Tesla and its success or failure in the global stage. You're forgetting the spirit of this forum. Now grow up.

NKYTA | October 16, 2016

Which ones are you talking about? Who is the nit and who is the wit?

@Son of a who? What have you contributed or represented in this thread? Beside making some asinine comments on what is politically correct, how have your nitwit comments helped in anyway?

What was your opinion on the OP or did you ever intend to be useful otherwise?

@Sliver ..... I apprecite your help to give me the 887 no, but I deleted the post. Can you give me again?

I am spending time to find a solution to my problem, but not creating problem to everyone. If I offened anyone, I can apologize. If the deleted post/double post offened anyone, I apologize this is really a mistake I make when my wife siad "there is no point writing that long but no one will read" So, I deleted right away.

Tesla has not really resolve my problem. Last time, they changed the charger only when the car is completely down due to totally unable to charge. But the problem has been there since day 1 and it took me 3 month to so called "resolved" it. It was mainly because my car cannot be charged at all. Now, the same problem happened again and Tesla is repeating what they do telling me "no problem until you die" . I really don't know what to do now. So, I seek help here from people who have more experience.

BTW, I am really Frankie Wong from Hong Kong as indicated on my login name and my email address given. It is supported by solid proof. Thank for bearing with me for 1 more moment!

@everyone.....l really don't mind people making joke of me. I only want some solution. Thank much!

Sorry @frankie for calling you a double poster.

Toll free: (877) 79-TESLA or (877) 798-3752

lilbean | October 15, 2016
And a double poster.

where do double posters go @lilbean?

@Libean....never mind. I really double posted! Haha! :-)

@Sliver....thank you very much....again! :-)

Pages