Forums

Carwash

Carwash

I realize some of you will cringe with my question but here goes.

I routinely take my car to a a drive through carwash once a week, have been for two years. Car looks new. This wash uses a Simonize coating, which I add monthly. There is also an undercarriage rinse. Note: This is not a brushless wash.

My question is, will the undercarriage jetwash hurt the battery pack? I wouldn’t think so.
Did not see anything on this in a Tesla Model S manual.

patrick40363 | September 1, 2017

It should be fine.

DTsea | September 1, 2017

Its fine.

Carl Thompson | September 1, 2017

The battery pack is completely sealed and protected. I've owned 3 EVs and I've taken them all through automatic car washes without issue.

Carl

tstolz | September 1, 2017

It's fine. There is even footage showing the car floating like a boat being driven though flooded underpasses ... not recommended of course!!

PaceyWhitter | September 1, 2017

The battery will be fine, the paint... One note, don't unbuckle your seatbelt or take your weight off the driver seat. The parking brake can engage automatically.

batmanasb | September 1, 2017

Musk already confirmed that Tesla's are boats! Simply google "tesla boat mode" and you'll see a video of someone physically swimming out of a flood in their Model S. So a little car wash won't be an issue, as the car is sealed and waterproof!