Forums

Please recommend a good body shop in San Diego

Please recommend a good body shop in San Diego

stevenmaifert | December 15, 2017
DennisM | December 16, 2017

Steven - All-American Paint and Body in Kearny Mesa is Tesla certified and did an excellent job when my Model S was rear-ended at a stoplight recently. Good luck.

JAD | December 16, 2017

+1 for Amatos

stevenmaifert | December 16, 2017

@JAD - And I got a free mouse pad too :)

C02Free | December 16, 2017

+1 for Amato's. Very professional, mouse pad + 2 mugs with Teslas on them.

rmg007 | December 16, 2017

Amato's. Not cheap, but they will return your tesla looking better than when you picked it up new.

StatsApp | December 17, 2017

Amato's is super expensive.
All American Paint and Body is also Tesla certified. I don't recommend them. They fixed what was wrong with my car but they put additional scratches on my car (which they fixed) but it wasted my time and required me to visited the shop multiple times.

My insurance (Travelers) could not reach an agreement with Amato's. They wanted $6k more than what Travelers approved. I suspect the agent had some kickback deal with the All American Paint and Body.

StatsApp | December 17, 2017

@DennisM did they repair or replace? In my case , All American wanted to repair while Amato's insisted on replacement of the quarter panel.
I insisted on replacement and the insurance finally caved.

Penguin | December 18, 2017

+1 for Amato's. Have had to go there twice (rear ended both times). Superb work & service.

sbeggs | December 20, 2017

Amato's did fine work on our S85 two years ago. Took a while, though.

plugzin | December 20, 2017

There's the "Body Shop" at 3776 Riley St., Oops, sorry, wrong kind...

sabareeshkkanan | April 5, 2019

Was not very happy with Amato Timeliness because of all new model 3 in the road. After they delivered the car there is so much rattling noise . So wont recommend