**Updated Feb 13, 2015**
This is a list I've put together of things that we can very likely expect "soon" from Tesla. I originally started this in early 2014, and have been updating. I'm only trying to include things for which there has been some sort of statement from Tesla or Elon (ie: not just guesses/expectations that have been talked about in the forums without "official" backup).
Here's what I have:
1) Model X developments: As of February 2015, we are told production prototypes have been produced for crash testing, and according to the Feb 11 Q4-2014 quarterly report, 30 betas have been produced and will be heavily tested, with release-candidates coming in March. A black X was spotted driving on public streets on Feb 11. There will be no big event to reveal Model X (and secret new features) before the first deliveries.
2) Supercharger progress: see supercharge.info...progress has been amazing.
3) Roadster long distance travel announcement/surprise: Mostly done. The "Roadster 3.0" prototype roadtrip blog posted Feb 2015. Aero, battery, and rolling resistance mods to go 340 miles (with 20 miles to spare) mostly along CA5 at "around the speed limit," San Jose to Santa Monica.
4) A big announcement to "revolutionize service": This was originally hinted at in early 2014. As of the NAIAS/Detroit Auto Show in Jan 2015, Elon said that it is still coming, and Tesla Service will feel like "invisible love."
5) Gen III progress:Statement by Elon in Germany in Oct 2013: clay model expected to be shown in the summer of 2014, prototype January 2015. As of January 2015, it has been said the debut is pushed to 2016. On Feb 11, 2015 (Q42014 quarterly report conference call) it was said the first Model 3 would be fairly conservative to allow fast development, but after that the platform would be used for more "adventurous" designs.
6) Software update that gives owners control of Air Suspension: Done. Showed up in version 5.9.
7) 135 kW supercharging: Basically done. Many new superchargers are 135 kW shared.
8) Slight EPA range increase to the 85 kWh model. Done, sortof. I expected that the Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade becoming standard on the 85 would allow a slight EPA range increase (supposed to add 3% extra range in the EPA cycle). This did not come to fruition ... but the early-2015 dual-motor 85 has a slightly increased range.
9) Ventilation or other heat/cooling enhancement for Model S 3rd Row Seats: Done. According to Brian H, this wsa in place in 2014. Also, as of Feb 20 2014, Tesla is selling a sunshade for the rear window to help further.
10) Battery/giga-factory joint venture: Done. Being built in Reno, NV.
11) Autonomous car/related safety features: Done. According to airj1012 on TMC (linked in my Feb 1 post below), we can expect an announcement on this later this year. September 2014: Tesla cars start coming out with lane-keep assist, speed limit assist, and hardware for adaptive cruise control. Hardware is in place, and systems will get more software capability with time.
12) Improvements to seat comfort/adjustability. Done. With the P85D announcement, upgraded "regular" seats as well as significantly upgraded optional seats were announced.
13) Battery swap pilot station in CA. Done. Noted by SamoSam in the forums and linked below while under construction. Official announcement of beta-test pilot program came in Dec 2014. As of February 2015, the site looks complete, but no details yet...
14)Expansion to China deliveries Done. As mentioned in the quarterly statement for Q4 2013, expansion to China will come soon, including solutions for apartment-dwelling owners to charge conveniently. As of Jan 2015 discussion at NAIAS, Elon says China sales not as high as expected, but they are working on it.
15)Right-hand drive Done
16) Ideas from Elon #1: EV environmental discussion. Elon stated (twitter, March 2014) that he is working on a blog to show the environmental benefits of EV's and disprove some of the nonsense that gets published to the contrary. Nothing has been released yet. See: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/444542383099637760
17) Ideas from Elon #2: Tesla Patents.Done. At the June 2014 shareholders meeting, Elon said he may soon make a controversial announcement regarding Tesla's IP/patents. Tesla has since released all of Tesla's EV patents to be used by other companies in good faith.
18) Robotic snake charging cables: Elon tweeted on Dec 31, 2014 indicaying that Tesla is working on automatic/robotic snake charging cables: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/550297212769402881.
19) "Secret weapon" for demaind/against dealers: At the Feb 11 2015 / 4Q2014 conference call, Elon said he has a secret weapon to increase demand and fight the dealers, and it may debut this year. Perhaps this is related to the "invisible love" service from item (4) above?
20) Big announcement on batteries for home use: At the Feb 11 2015 / 4Q2014 conference call, it was announced that Tesla is working on a fairly major home-battery project. Announcement/details expected in March or April 2015, with production likely in summer 2015.
21) Next major software update: At the Feb 11 2015 / 4Q2014 conference call, it was announced that "next month" there would be an exciting software update to give enhanced features to the "entire fleet."
Any other concrete expectations coming "soon"?