Forums

web dev dude-block this spammers ip address

web dev dude-block this spammers ip address

Do that web dev. This spammer is an excessive POS.

ravisundaramam | 15/05/2018

Cant someone write a script to call that Indian number repeatedly and make sure he does not get any money?

ravisundaramam | 15/05/2018

Better still write a script that will call US numbers and spoof the headers to make that guy pay the phone bill

Madatgascar | 15/05/2018

The phone number and IP address varies. “This guy” has been plaguing the General forum for almost a month now. The phone numbers’ country code is always 91 (India), but the area codes are all over the place. So it isn’t one Muslim astrologer looking for business. It is a coordinated and fairly sophisticated attack that someone is paying for. Other Tesla related sites are also being hit.

Madatgascar | 15/05/2018

One simple solution would be to block any non-owner from creating more than 2 or 3 new forum topics a day, and ensure new registrants are not robots.

upend | 15/05/2018

does anyone know where I might find someone expert in black magic?

:)

spuzzz123 | 15/05/2018

@Madatgascar -- they aren't just targeting Tesla, if you google that phone number you will see lots of other sites have been hit. Spammer is just casting the widest net possible. I like your ideas but I just don't think tesla gives 2 rats about their forums

jithesh | 15/05/2018

@hawkertony that's Elon you are looking for who is always doing magic and sometimes dresses in black while doing so

jithesh | 15/05/2018

On another note may be Tesla can use their AI to block these spammers

wiboater4 | 15/05/2018

For what it's worth they do have something on here probably triggered by number of posts because I just got a pop up for verification on my last to replies to posts. Had to click on images.