Forums

Website Delivery Estimator

Website Delivery Estimator

Can Tesla improve the delivery estimator. I would like it to confirm the package option i have chosen and give me a little more information on the my specific delivery date than late 2018. It appears if you order now you would receive by 2018. I ordered in 2017 and have very little info on when we might see a car. If what I read is true that there are 500,000 people with a deposit in Tesla has a loan from us for .5 billion dollars so spending some money to upgrade the delivery estimator to make it more informative does not seem like a lot to ask.

Thanks

jam74kg | 31/05/2018

Thanks

Kathy Applebaum | 31/05/2018

They don't monitor these forums.

JuJo0 | 31/05/2018

To clarify, you did not -order- in 2017. You put in a reservation in 2017. If you put in an order, you would know that delivery (in the US) right now takes 12-16 weeks.

They can't specify earlier in the delivery date estimator. As the name suggests, it's an "estimator." Whatever timeline it shows can change from a multitude of factors, such as deferring ordering after invitiation, production delays, etc. So yeah... the estimator is not going to change anytime soon.

jam74kg | 31/05/2018

Thanks That makes sense but would be nice to have an idea that they know the battery option we have chosen. Is the forum for owners only. I would think a forward thinking company like Tesla would monitor the forum to see what people are saying.

Kathy Applebaum | 31/05/2018

You haven't locked in to a battery option, either yet. The selection you made can be changed at any time, and it's only to help Tesla plan. Tesla is trying to ramp up as fast as they can, but they can't accurately predict how fast that can be. What people ahead of you in line do matters to how soon you'll get your car. They've given you the best estimate they can right now.

ModelT3 | 31/05/2018

Try the model 3 delivery estimator that Troy put together.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rKDw72FOIMmSY8wBVl0ECjAjwYV9shlv...

shadoh | 01/06/2018

There are so many things in flux that there is no way for them to give you a solid estimate. Between slow ramp-ups, production shut-downs, toying with tax incentive dates, etc., we're lucky to even get a multi-month estimate. Best we can hope for at this point in time is like what ModelT3 suggests - use one of the several estimators out there made by smart people.