Forums

Software update, realese notes blank

Software update, realese notes blank

Let me start by saying, I am a nearly 4 1/2 year MS owner. 2014 S85

Just got software update 2018.26 3bbd9fd. Notification said it would be 45 mins to install, which told me that it was a minor update. Once the install was done, the release note screen was completely blank, which is not typical. Usually it just displays the same notes as the previous update or I have seen it in the past where it actually would say "This update only contained minor fixes". Admittedly I was expecting to gain the ability to limit the car's speed which IMHO would be within the realm of a minor OTA update.

Anyone else get this update and blank screen?

EVRider | 19/07/2018

I installed 2018.26 this morning. It only took about 15 minutes. Release notes were not blank at first, but after I rebooted (which I always do after updates) they were blank. The release notes were the same ones I got for 2018.24.1, nothing new; they mentioned the speed limit feature, a change to the wording of the Autosteer nag, and something about the navigation beta.

Are the release notes blank for you even if you display them from the About Tesla screen?

henley-tesla | 19/07/2018

For some reason Release Notes seem to load dynamically (over the air) when opened on this release. What started as a blank screen becomes populated after 10-15 seconds (in my case) with the details. Which, as noted, are the same as for previous (2018.24.x) releases.

This happens every time I select "Release Notes" from the About my Car screen, and the delay doesn't seem to vary when I'm on WiFi vs. LTE.

jordanrichard | 19/07/2018

Just the reboot and the notes showed up. I started fishing around to see what minor things may have changed. Perhaps these were there before, but didn't notice them but the easter egg symbol for the drawing pad is now a picture of the roadster in space. Under Owner's Manual there are 2 new tabs, Mobile and Conformity.

Either way, I didn't get the ability to limit the car's speed. Is this not the correct update to get that or is that ability only for AP cars?

EVRider | 20/07/2018

The 2018.26 release notes in my AP1 car mentioned the new speed limit feature, and I see the speed limit control in the mobile app (version 3.4.2 on iOS). Don’t know if it’s for AP cars only, but it seems like it shouldn’t depend on AP.

storm3163 | 21/07/2018

Someone post on Facebook that Tesla said the speed limit control is for AP cars only.

quahog1945 | 21/07/2018

I inadvertently drop the release notes on the July 20 software update on my model s. Can. Retrieve these anywhere. I’d like to know what the update include.

jordanrichard | 21/07/2018

“...for AP cars only”, unfortunately that may be true. I just checked and my app is on version 3.4.2 as well and I don’t the the speed limit control. I wonder what AP has to do with it. I have Valet mode which gimps the car, so I wonder what an AP car has that has to do with gimping the car further, that non AP cars don’t have.

EVRider | 21/07/2018

@quahog1945: You can access the release notes from the About Tesla screen, which appears when you touch the Tesla logo at the top of the touchscreen.

david.f.jenkins | 07/10/2018

I got the V9 update yesterday, but am unable to see Release Notes anywhere - all I get is a blank screen. Rebooted MCU, but no joy. Are they available online anywhere? Any procedure that I can follow that might make them visible in the car?

EVRider | 07/10/2018

The release notes should have been displayed after the update was installed, but there’s a version online here (some of these changes might not apply to your car): https://www.tesla.com/support/software-v9

Xcell | 16/08/2019

After the last two update - 2019.28.3 fd63a5e and prior - the release note window is EMPTY...

TeslaTap.com | 17/08/2019

@Xcell - Yep, it's been a bug for 6+ months. Try opening the release notes again and sometimes after 10-20 seconds they appear, other times it just remains blank. To do this tap the "T" at the top of the display and clock on "Release notes".

Doesn't seem to matter if you are on LTE or WiFi either. Clearly, they are being downloaded only when requested rather than remaining local.

impala1ss | 17/08/2019

Blank notes screen on mine also - 28.2

EVRider | 17/08/2019

The release notes for 28.2 and 28.3.x have nothing new. The release notes for 28.1 listed some new features, and you can see them in this TMC thread: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2019-28-1.161394

david.e.sheets.61 | 03/10/2019

Is there an answer to why so many of us get a blank screen on the release notes? I got the V10 update, and can see the updates, but my release notes screen is blank. I’ve rebooted a couple of times, with no luck. I’m connected to WiFi, and I’m at home where I have 3 bars LTE, as well, so the car is connected.

ggendel | 03/10/2019

@david.e.sheets.61 I always get the blank screen after an update. I just dismiss it and then bring up the release notes from the tesla splash screen and wait 30 seconds and it comes up.

cbpenn | 11/11/2019

I haven't seen any notes on my screen upon entering my car after an update for at least 6 months, probably more. I have a 2018 Model S that was delivered Feb. 23rd, 2018. I finally learned how to pull up the release notes another way but it is annoying and Tesla needs to fix it.