Forums

Heated side mirrors?

Heated side mirrors?

I supposedly have them. I can see the wires in them. I don't see any option or setting to use them. Am I missing something or is this a function to come in the near future?

Lefty805 | 14/09/2018

From the manual...the heated mirrors work when the rear window defroster is turned on. Located on page 90, item #6.

Lorenzryanc | 14/09/2018

+1 @tkirk33085 Thanks! I've read the manual and missed that part. I've had fogged mirrors but back was fine, so didn't turn on my defroster. Now I know

gmr6415 | 14/09/2018

tkirk33085, Thank you. I missed that too, even though I thought I had read that section of the manual thoroughly this morning before posting. So much for thorough reading I guess.

Ghost ll | 07/10/2019

I don’t have the premium interior package. Am I SOL with heated side mirrors?

mazers | 07/10/2019

The Tesla order page says that all interiors include heated side mirrors.

rob.van.olst | 16/10/2019

It would be nice if you could control the heated mirrors with it's own button instead of having to put the rear defroster on. And while we're at it, please have them turned off automatically after a few minutes.

EVRider | 16/10/2019

The manual says heated mirrors are only available with the premium interior. I don’t know whether the web site or manual is wrong.

SnowZA | 16/10/2019

@EVRider The manual never really seems to mention the partial premium interior, which is what I have. The heated mirrors are definitely included in that. The manual also says auto tilt and auto fold for the mirrors are only available on the premium package. Those are both definitely included in the partial premium.

@rob.van.olst According to the manual, the rear window defroster automatically turns off after 15 minutes.

syclone | 16/10/2019

Both the printed and on-line manual are dated May 20 2019. They both say that the heated mirrors are available only in the premium package. The in-car manual says the same thing. This is unbelievably chintzy in a 35K plus car. I hope that Tesla has changed this and the manuals have not caught up.

syclone | 16/10/2019

Both the printed and on-line manual are dated May 20 2019. They both say that the heated mirrors are available only in the premium package. The in-car manual says the same thing. This is unbelievably chintzy in a 35K plus car. I hope that Tesla has changed this and the manuals have not caught up.