Forums

Wheel offset

Wheel offset

I want to put some aftermarket rims on for winter - it has already snowed on me up here in northern BC. I have found some Klasse Apex wheels at Kal Tire which have 120x5 bolt pattern, 19x8. 19", (same as what Tesla stocks) but the offset is +38 instead of +35. Will that be a problem? I see that some wheels are offset +40 in the rear from Tsportline. Has anyone had experience with this? I'm putting on some Nokian Hak R3's.

mdelbreil | 17/09/2018

Michelin Alpin are the best tyres available for the X-Model. We use ours in Switzerland.

jonathanvisscher | 18/09/2018

We have had snow already this year, and it only melted away in May. 4 months ago. I have to drive two hours south before we get to a lower elevation where snow doesn't stay so long. I'm confident in which tires work the best for driving on and in snow here 8 months a year in my various 6000lb vehicles. I'm just wanting to know if the offset with these creates any kind of handling/steering or other problems.

Sweet.tee | 18/09/2018

Going from a +35 offset to +38 isn’t that big of a difference, like 3mm. +38 just sits closer to the car. There may not or may be rubbing on a full wheel turn. But it’s not that big of a difference for you to notice any tire to wheel well rubbing. You may also want to check to see how much clearance you have between brake calipers and wheels.

Thanks! That's what I've found so far over the past couple days. I'll get them tomorrow and see how they fit. The only real concern I have besides that is moving the centre of the contact patches together by 6mm, how will that affect suspension/turning, etc.

Thanks! That's what I've found so far over the past couple days. I'll get them tomorrow and see how they fit. The only real concern I have besides that is moving the centre of the contact patches together by 6mm, how will that affect suspension/turning, etc.

chili22 | 21/09/2018

can we put 285's on the front of X for a square set up?Would like to rotate every 5k miles. Also like wide look.