Forums

Refund to cancel order/can not get anyone to help at Tesla

Refund to cancel order/can not get anyone to help at Tesla

I canceled my order back in July. I have NOT received any credit or check as of today (Oct 9th). I did not receive an email to confirm the cancellation. I've sent many emails, no response. I've tried to call, you only get sale people. From the limited info that the sales people have available to them, they tell me they refunded me via a debt card, but can't give me any specific info on that. I did not use a debt card to pay, nor do they have any debt card on file for me. They do not have any phone numbers for any people in accounting. You can not talk to a real person. The web site is not handling emails via "Contact us" page (just spinning). The lack of customer service is stunning. I'm not sure that they intend to help in any way. I thank God I did not order this car. I can not image the nightmare in trying to deal with a company that is simply not designed to get real people on the phone to help. Shame on Tesla.

Teslaguy | 09/10/2018

Why complain on the forum we can’t help you.

elecfan2 | 09/10/2018

We can't even get Tesla to deliver our cars, you think they are going to be able to refund your money? ROFL Consider it a donation to billionaire Elon Musk given he's the largest shareholder. He's laughing all the way to the bank with all our money.

ST70 | 09/10/2018

@cindy.l.hauser- thank you for your donation for the cause! What did you end up buying?

dpkonofa | 09/10/2018

Seriously, ewd7... do you have nothing better to do? Grow up and learn how to be patient. You seriously just whine on every thread. You still have a reservation. You’ll get a car. Relax.

elecfan2 | 09/10/2018

Tesla can't even get this guy/gal a refund just like they can't deliver our cars. This is the second biggest investment for most of us, it's a big deal. What, are you so rich that purchasing a Tesla is pocket change to you?

dpkonofa | 09/10/2018

No, but you act as if you’re losing your money. You’re not. You’re getting your car. You have a reservation and an order. You’re just being an impatient baby.

elecfan2 | 09/10/2018

No, there is no car or VIN number, only empty promises given. Some people are worse off having had more canceled delivery dates than me and some have even been paying for loans or even paid the entire price of the vehicle and still don't have the vehicle. If I as a customer am upset about being lied to, then call me a baby. Let's see how that flies with regular customers as Tesla tries to extend sales past us Tesla fans. It won't work. Call me all the names you want, baby, FUDster, crybaby, whatever. I still paid good money to Tesla and they can't deliver a vehicle. They can't even give minimal customer service. I'm not asking for much, just give me the vehicle I paid for. I don't need any hand holding on how to use it, or hours spent on selling it to me or explaining how to use it, just deliver the car. Simple.

dalesmith1962 | 10/10/2018

@ewd7, why would you pay for a car that you do not have possession of. Have you ever done that (a deposit doesn’t count as it’s for the reservation/order, not the car) for a car purchased from another manufacturer?

dpkonofa | 10/10/2018

There are no empty promises. You were told you’d get a car and you will. You were not promised a car by a certain date or within a certain timeframe and, as Dale has pointed out, it’s your own fault if you’ve done something that you wouldn’t do for any other car but are expecting the exact same process as any other car. You knew going in that this was a first run and that there’s a minimum of a 2 year delay from the first reservations going down.

You *will* get a car. If you have indeed put the order in, then you will get a car. Whining and moaning on the forums won’t make it go faster and there is nothing we can do about here so all you’re doing is infecting yourself and your negativity everywhere. And as for your statement that you’re not asking for much except the vehicle you paid for, that’s not even being truthful. You’re asking for the car but you’re asking for it *now*, Veruca. Once you eventually get it, which you will, Tesla will have worked out the rest of the issues and “regular customers” won’t care about you or your experience.

dpkonofa | 10/10/2018

There are no empty promises. You were told you’d get a car and you will. You were not promised a car by a certain date or within a certain timeframe and, as Dale has pointed out, it’s your own fault if you’ve done something that you wouldn’t do for any other car but are expecting the exact same process as any other car. You knew going in that this was a first run and that there’s a minimum of a 2 year delay from the first reservations going down.

You *will* get a car. If you have indeed put the order in, then you will get a car. Whining and moaning on the forums won’t make it go faster and there is nothing we can do about here so all you’re doing is infecting yourself and your negativity everywhere. And as for your statement that you’re not asking for much except the vehicle you paid for, that’s not even being truthful. You’re asking for the car but you’re asking for it *now*, Veruca. Once you eventually get it, which you will, Tesla will have worked out the rest of the issues and “regular customers” won’t care about you or your experience.

elecfan2 | 10/10/2018

@dpkonofa: WTF do you know? You work for Tesla? No, you don't. Tesla called and emailed me in my case and promised a car on a specific date and time, so you are FOS. As for your second paragraph, fuck off, I'm asking for the vehicle that they promised which they didn't deliver on the date they promised Ass Wipe. Yes, I did pay for it and no Tesla apologist and nut job is going to say I didn't so shove it up your ass.

dpkonofa | 16/10/2018

Yeah... you’re just a gigantic spoiled baby. Your comments prove it. They do not and will not promise you a delivery date. They can only estimate.

Anne | 20/03/2019

Hey guys, looking for help as well. I cancelled my 3 in November 2018 after being on the waiting list since April 2016. We tried our best waiting it out, dumped a bunch of money in our old car until she finally died in early November leaving us carless and no choice but to move on (with delivery date insight). I received confirmation on 12/05/18 they were working on my refund....
Has anyone processed a refund? If so, what was your experience?

Anne | 20/03/2019

Hey guys, looking for help as well. I cancelled my 3 in November 2018 after being on the waiting list since April 2016. We tried our best waiting it out, dumped a bunch of money in our old car until she finally died in early November leaving us carless and no choice but to move on (with delivery date insight). I received confirmation on 12/05/18 they were working on my refund....
Has anyone processed a refund? If so, what was your experience?

Anne | 20/03/2019

***with NO delivery date insight***

apodbdrs | 20/03/2019

Crazy, I just read one of the treads earlier and some guy ordered and either has or is getting his TESLA Model 3 in thirty-seven hours; start to finish! WOW! After being notified by TESLA, I picked my car short of a week!

apodbdrs | 20/03/2019

Good luck everyone! I love my TESLA Model 3, got it July 2018, BEST CAR EVER!!!!

burdogg | 20/03/2019

I can confirm - I cancelled a second reservation I had put in on Sat, right after I ordered the Autopilot. I chose to have them refund it to my bank account - it said could be 7-10 business days. I just checked, and it was deposited into my account on...Monday!
03/18/2019 ACH Dep: Tesla Motors Inc TYPE: TRANSFER ID: xxxx948598 CO: Tesla Motors Inc 1,000.00

So all I can say is - if anyone is NOT getting their refund within 2 weeks, you just need to get after Tesla and stay on them - because from what I have personally seen - the majority of those cancelling do get their money back pretty fast.

Of course there could be those that are making up situations too just to stir the pot :)

burdogg | 20/03/2019

By the way - I only put in that reservation for a family member, who then went ahead and ordered on his own without letting me know. That was way back in summer time....I just kept the reservation for the fun of it...not wanting to go through the refund process, and who knew what the future was holding. But at this point, the reservation really was not going to give me anything special...but I was super glad I had it, as it made my Autopilot upgrade only technically $1,000 (seeing I had paid that other $1,000 to Tesla a long time ago :)

king16x | 20/03/2019

I ordered a Model 3 and put the $2,500 deposit on my credit card. Tesla e-mailed me a preliminary detailed receipt that included sales tax and my $2,500 deposit but did not mention the $1,000 deposit that I had made back in 2017. The Tesla sales rep at my local Tesla showroom told me that the best way to handle that was to sign in online and find that I have two reservation accounts. I followed his instructions to cancel the reservation that I did not want.

The Tesla web site asked me whether I would like my $1,000 refund in a debit card, as an electronic fund transfer into my bank account, or on a check that would be mailed to me. I chose the electronic fund transfer into my bank account.

The next day, Tesla transferred the $1,000 into my bank account.

RichardKJ | 21/03/2019

I cancelled my second reservation on 3/15 and there was a $1000 credit to my card on 3/16. They've clearly gotten better at refunding reservation deposits.