Forums

Web browser is limited to displaying PDF, video files or running Netflix type applications. Can Tesla make enhancements here?

Web browser is limited to displaying PDF, video files or running Netflix type applications. Can Tesla make enhancements here?

Web browser is limited to displaying PDF, video files or running Netflix type of applications. Can Tesla make enhancements here and add in more applications and codex?

Problem Abstract:
Can’t display any PDF files or show MP3 or MOV video’s including Netflix and YouTube., Missing codex.

Diagnostic steps:
Try to log into your Netflix account or try YouTube https://www.youtube.com/ and see you can’t decode these file types.
Also, try PDF files from websites that offer information in PDF format.

Comments: Tesla needs to make our Browser application more compatible and work like the apple iPad and Android tablets. Our screen is Linux based and should not be that difficult.

If there is a concern about watching movies when driving, well the current screen is a movie it self when driving and since we have GPS to track the vehicles movement, lock out movies until the vehicle is at a stop or in park. I think since we will have passengers in the vehicle, we as M3 owners should be responsible for what and when content can be displayed as we are in motion!

But I will take anything to enhance the browser vs. what we have today at this version of 2018.44.2 3b2a5c3.....

Can Tesla look into these enhancement requests and respond?

My Equipment:
Model 3 DM at version 2018.44.2 3b2a5c3

Best regards,
Steve

lilbean | 03/12/2018

Joshua Brown 2.0