Forums

Replacement Wiper Blades

Replacement Wiper Blades

What are the best replacement wiper blades? I got some but they miss spots when they wipe.

M3phan | 15/02/2019

I just used OEM replacements from the SC when my originals started chattering.

kthang | 15/02/2019

Tesla service should be able to replace them for you.

zx6rman | 16/02/2019

Rain-X. The best ones, 'latitude' I think. They work so much better than OEM. Next time I'm going to go 1" shorter on both. I put 26” & 19”. Will do 25" and 18" next time, especially the 19.

roger.klurfeld | 17/02/2019

The best blades I've ever installed on a car are Bosch Icons, but not yet on my Model 3. I haven't tried PIAA wipers. Claying your windshield is important to remove all the dirt and make it smooth. I use a Magic Eraser dipped in ONR for lubrication. On all the glass including the top.

vmulla | 17/02/2019

I'm due for wiper replacement as well.

Can someone who actually replaced the wipers on the Model 3 with non-OEM types share what they used.

Someone posted that the Michelin wipers from Costco DO NOT fit. That's useful info.

It's good to have a list of all the wipers that actually fit the Model 3.

Thanks all.

raffidesigns | 17/02/2019

Tesla will replace wiper blades when you schedule your maintenance day or if you schedule an appointment.

vmulla | 17/02/2019

@raffidesigns,
That's good to know, I'm glad. In my experience Tesla Service's generosity isn't uniform and varies based on location, load and service consultant. Besides, it's not worth scheduling a service appointment on something that's less than $20 - it's just not right to block a service spot, its just going to make the service wait longer for others.

sjm4660 | 17/02/2019

Does anyone know how to lift the wiper blades clear of the windshield in order to replace the blades? I put them in 'service mode' which moves them clear of the hood but they can't be lifted clear of the screen. Presumably there's a locking device somewhere in the arm but I can't find it.

spuzzz123 | 25/03/2019

@sjm4660 you don't need to lift them very high. Just raise them above the glass, push the button there and slide the blade out and towards the passenger side. I used the NAPA replacements recommended by Chadbob in a different thread:

NAPA 6-026-PBN
NAPA 6-019-PBN

They fit perfectly no adapter required.

aperfectecho | 25/03/2019

I'm using some I got on Indiegogo, they're called Kimblades, and so far, really impressed. They are running a campaign on kickstarter now I think. I even got red blades to match the red accents I've put on my OB Model 3

Paul.r.freedman | 27/03/2019

I just “ordered” or is it “pledged” a set if Kimblades. My wipers are from December 2017, and now that I’m living in the desert, I’m sure the sun will take its toll on the original set. Tesla has never offered to replace my blades.

hokiegir1 | 27/03/2019

@spuzz - there's even a "wiper maintenance" button in the service settings that raises them up.

hokiegir1 | 27/03/2019

Disregard my last one -- I hadn't read the prior post that was being replied to. :)

andy.connor.e | 27/03/2019

I tried the Rain-X wipers, and they really only worked great for about 2 months. After that amount of time, the wiper rubber lost that special coating that helps keep the glass clear, and they quickly turned to garbage. I find the basic wipers you get from the manufacturer are good enough, since all wipers pretty much dont work well after 6mo-1year. Might as well not spend $45 on wipers that will need to be replaced in a year anyway. Thats my 2-cents/sense.