Forums

Parking question.

Parking question.

When I self park and back into a perpendicular spot the car does not line up straight. I am careful to have the site guide lines parallel to the lane markers, but when i get out the car it is usually crooked with the nose of the car pointing towards the left. Anyone else have this problem?

ODWms | 17/03/2019

Yes. I’ve had the same. It’ll get better with time.

thedrisin | 17/03/2019

I've had the car 4 months and 5k miles. Not being better.

geedub1023 | 17/03/2019

Yes, I've had the same problem. I back into my garage which is a pretty tight squeeze and I fold the mirrors in before I back into the actual garage opening. I then watch the rear, backup camera to finish backing up the final few yards into the garage. When I get out of the car, the front seems to be pointing left! Camera angle? No biggie but irritating!

nwsrgilmore | 17/03/2019

I thought this was just me. I find that when I back into the Supercharger stalls I'm usually not perfectly aligned with the stall, and I typically have to "adjust" the car with a second attempt. Not sure why I'm struggling with this, but it's reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one.

thedrisin | 17/03/2019

In addition to the wheel turning guide lines, some vehicles have a superimposed fixed grid around the car and showing distance behind car. You align the fixed portion. This seems ro get a straight alignment. Should be easy to do.