Forums

Free Unlimited Supercharging for 3 Years to current owners!!

Free Unlimited Supercharging for 3 Years to current owners!!

Wow! Just hung up the phone with Tesla Inside Sales — Tesla is now offering FUSC (for 3 years) to all current owners who take delivery of a new Tesla by the end of the month. I’ve been discussing a replacement Model S specifically so I cannot confirm whether this is true for a Model X (likely) or a Model 3. Time is tight as delivery must be complete by the end of March but — wow — great development. Buy now everyone! Thanks Tesla.

jordanrichard | 20/03/2019

I really hate Wall Street. That is what is behind this type of thing..

MJP.75D | 20/03/2019

Confirmed: applies to Model X as well but not Model 3. And, yep—I hear ya JR...

Tropopause | 20/03/2019

Maybe a surprise Q1 profit is in store?

Mathew98 | 20/03/2019

How many put up the extra 2 grands for vaporware? It's money in the bank!

markahaden | 20/03/2019

I'm still waiting on Tesla to validate the lifetime FUSC I was told I'd get for taking delivery by Sep 30, 2018. I bought and took delivery on Sep 30, specifically because that was supposedly the last day to receive lifetime FUSC. To clarify, I've had FUSC since Sep 30, but recently my Tesla account page changed to show FUSC *for 6 months only*. I have no idea why this changed. I contacted the delivery team at my local Tesla shop and they are supposedly fixing this. But still, it's unsettling that it changed from lifetime to 6 months only, with no warning or explanation.

Tropopause | 20/03/2019

I guess you'll know on April 1.

markahaden | 20/03/2019

Yep....the good news is my local dealer emailed yesterday saying this was going to be fixed....and should take 7-10 business days. I guess we'll see....

jordanrichard | 20/03/2019

Tesla is increasingly setting a dangerous precedent and that is if you hold off to 2 weeks before the end of a quarter to buy your car, you will get some freebies thrown in.

I really wish on one of these earnings calls when asked by an analyst about not meeting sales expectations, that Elon would simply say , "....well, I guess your analysis/predictions were wrong".

Silver2K | 20/03/2019

I think Tesla should do whatever it can to flood the streets right now until material prices drop further. This would allow electric car manufacturing to catch up to ICE and level the field.

tonytrung | 20/03/2019

@markahaden. I, too, took delivery of my P100D on 9/30/18 cause I was told that I would get free unlimited SC w/ self-referral. My Tesla account has always says only six months of free SC. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to correct the issues with tesla support, I was told by the manager for my Service Center that he would correct the issue last week but nothing yet. Seems like no one at Tesla knows about the extension to the end of Sept for the free Unlimited supercharging from the original end date of 9/18/18. I even had to dig up an old article from Electrek which states it. Please let us updated with your situation. Thanks in advance.

tes-s | 20/03/2019

"Tesla is increasingly setting a dangerous precedent and that is if you hold off to 2 weeks before the end of a quarter to buy your car, you will get some freebies thrown in."

Shame on them for acting like a car dealer!!

braca | 20/03/2019

Confused on this post. Is FUSC back as of 3/20/19 or am I misreading?

hammer @OR-US | 20/03/2019

"Confused on this post. Is FUSC back as of 3/20/19 or am I misreading?"

Seemed straightforward to me

Tesla is now offering FUSC (for 3 years) to all current owners who take delivery of a new Tesla S or X) by the end of the month.

Jcastillo18 | 20/03/2019

I have free supercharging and I use it once in a while

braca | 20/03/2019

So if when I bought my MS on 12/21/18 they gave me 6mo free I can’t get 3 years for free ?

RedJ | 20/03/2019

@braca apparently you can if you buy another new Tesla ;)

braca | 21/03/2019

Ha

bp | 21/03/2019

Would not be surprised for Tesla to reinstitute some form of free supercharging for S/X on a more permanent basis, since they need to do more to justify the higher price of the S/X vs. 3/Y.

Though if they do offer free supercharging, it should be "Free Long Distance Supercharging" (FLDSC), which would eliminate the high costs of using superchargers for vehicles without access to overnight chargers, plus a restriction that FLDSC isn't available for commercial owners.

RedJ | 21/03/2019

@bp I agree that I can see free supercharging coming back for s/x. Out of curiosity, how would they separate out long distance supercharging? Do you me free supercharging on non urban superchargers?

SO | 21/03/2019

@RedJ - free except maybe the one closest to your house.

jordanrichard | 21/03/2019

SO, as I am sure you know, the whole “ not close to your house” has been debated multiple times.

One you have to define “close”.
Two, what if one has lost power at their home, but the supercharger 10 miles away has power?
Three, what if one’s travels have them passing by their house and they need a fast charge to continue their trip.?
Four, etc. etc. etc......

SO | 21/03/2019

I just meant the ones closest to your home would not be free. But people could still use it.

trixiew | 21/03/2019

I haven’t seen a good “locals” bashing in awhile. Refreshing, really.

drbeeharry | 21/03/2019

Hi.
Can anyone of you gents/madam confirm that they got the deal of free supercharging with buying a new X or S and getting it delivered before the end of the quarter. I just pulled the trigger on a Ludicrous X to replace my X 100D. I should mention that i am from Europe and more precisely from Brussels, Belgium. No one suggested such an offer over here. Your help will be much appreciated as delivery is on 30.3.19.

bp | 22/03/2019

It should be easy to separate long distance from local supercharging by geofencing supercharger use beyond a 100 mile radius from wherever your vehicle has been parked overnight for the past several days.

They should also be able to detect the usage pattern for vehicles operating commercially - such as the services that are now offering rides in Tesla vehicles between cities as an alternative to a bus.

If Tesla provided free unlimited long distance charging, that likely averages to around 1000 miles of charging per year across their entire fleet - something that Tesla would be able to afford to offer, at least for the higher priced models (S/X/Roadster 2.0).

Silver2K | 22/03/2019

Trixiew +1. :)

EVRider | 22/03/2019

Where is it documented that Tesla is offering 3 years of FUSC to people who order a new car? The only place I’ve read that is in this thread. If Tesla is trying to generate demand with this deal, why aren’t they publicizing it more?

Bighorn | 22/03/2019

I had a bad local charger experience in SLO recently. I was rolling into the lot with 1A and 1B the only available pair without another car charging. I start to back into 1B and the guy behind me in an X zoomed into 1A which was a head in charger, but also a handicap spot. He jumped out, obviously not handicapped, so he could plug in before me to get the lion’s share of the charge. He had personalized plates including SLO, so there was little doubt he was local. Biggest dick move in almost 6 years and a couple thousand charges. Gray Model X with plate of of SLO OU or OU SLO, as I recall. I should have conspicuously photographed him. If you’re on here, GFY.

johnhpatton | 22/03/2019

Just spoke with the dealer for our Model 3 delivery. It only applies to new S or X delivered before end of the month.

jack.lau.0497 | 22/03/2019

is tesla good?

Silver2K | 22/03/2019

Bighorn,
GFY = GOOD FOR YOU?

Silver2K | 22/03/2019

jack.lau.0497 | March 22, 2019
is tesla good?
-------

There's nothing better

Orion | 22/03/2019

This “can’t charge at a local supercharger” is a mute point because there are many M3’s owned by people that live at apartments that have no charging whatsoever... and they can’t leave their car at many destination chargers because they are too far away or inconvenient. Tesla knows this, that is why they have relaxed this so-called ettiquite at superchargers and tries to make them more available.

Bighorn | 22/03/2019
MJP.75D | 22/03/2019

There is a typo in the article above as it should read “...take delivery in Q1” in lieu of Q3. This info has also been corroborated by the Inside Sales Team at Tesla.

EVRider | 22/03/2019

@MJP: There was also an Electrek article about this today: https://electrek.co/2019/03/21/tesla-free-supercharging-end-quarter-ince... (which I didn’t see before I posted my question). It’s not clear (to me) what happens when a current Tesla owner with free supercharging buys a second Tesla, without replacing the first one.

EVRider | 22/03/2019

I guess the Electrek article was from yesterday evening, but I didn’t see until this afternoon.

p.c.mcavoy | 22/03/2019

bp | March 22, 2019
It should be easy to separate long distance from local supercharging by geofencing supercharger use beyond a 100 mile radius from wherever your vehicle has been parked overnight for the past several days.
======================

@bp - It's not that clean.

Closest charger to me is ~50-80 miles depending upon whether I'm headed N/E/S/W. In all four primary directions these fall within you 100 mile radius. There are many trips that I can take of about a 300-350 mile round trip where there are no other superchargers along the routes. The only viable way to make those trips are to stop at the supercharger on the way home. I'd argue that constitutes as a long-distance trip.

Similarly when I visit my wife's family, say at the holidays, that's about a 1,000 mile round trip. I have no practical charging while I'm there, so I hit the last supercharger about 35 miles from my sister-in-laws house so that I arrive with about 80-85% charge, sufficient for the little bit of local driving during the stay and to get back to that same supercharger. If I stay there for 4-5 days, should I be considered as a "local" when I hit that first supercharger, 35 miles from my geo location the past few days, but approximately 450 miles from my home?? Same scenario visiting my daughter in upper Manhattan without overnight charging and topping up just outside the city, knowing I won't use the car much and can catch the first supercharger again on the way back home several days later.

I'm sure others can come up with multitude of other situations, hence making it not that clean.

inconel | 22/03/2019

Tesla should require owners to list all their properties addresses so that it can geofence all of them ;)

drbeeharry | 23/03/2019

Sorry, but seems fake news to me. I have contacted every Tesla store manager i know personally and no one has heard of this offer. I bought a P100D on the 20.3 and delivery should be on 30.3. Being a model S and X owner, no supercharge offer. So you guys should beware of this offer. If ever, anyone got the offer, Feel free to contradict me.

rsingh05 | 24/03/2019

@tonytrung - I didn't get my free supercharging until I contacted Tesla customer service from my Tesla account, and checked exec escalation. I'd try that and see if it works for you.

EVRider | 24/03/2019

@drbeeharry: I posted this link earlier, but here it is again: https://electrek.co/2019/03/21/tesla-free-supercharging-end-quarter-ince...

drbeeharry | 24/03/2019

@EVRider.. the article also makes a statement based on some people bragging about that without any confirmed offer as yet. I duely wrote to my store manager but he just did not know of anything like that...

drbeeharry | 24/03/2019

@EVRider.. the article also makes a statement based on some people bragging about that without any confirmed offer as yet. I duely wrote to my store manager but he just did not know of anything like that...

tes-s | 24/03/2019

"Sorry, but seems fake news to me. I have contacted every Tesla store manager i know personally and no one has heard of this offer."

Could be country-specific. The $3k or so that it could be worth in the US is pretty inconsequential. They gave me a $3k discount on my X in September just for taking a car from inventory that matched my order rather than waiting for a custom build.

jecddsltd | 25/03/2019

please provide me with the Electrek article that extends free supercharging until end of September 2018.Thank you.
JC

tonytrung | 25/03/2019

@jecddsltd. Per the owner advisor at the time, offer was for new inventory car with a self-referral.

https://electrek.co/2018/09/21/tesla-model-3-free-supercharging-inventor...

EVRider | 26/03/2019

@drbeeharry: As discussed in another thread about this, this has been confirmed in writing to some US owners but apparently UK owners like you are not eligible.

drbeeharry | 26/03/2019

Anyway, i got written confirmation that over here in Europe, no free unlimited supercharger offer. They never heard of it. So i hope for you guys over in the US that the offer is valid.

Seems to me quite unfair if this turns out to be true.

Pages