Forums

Trip planner: blue vs black route lines

Trip planner: blue vs black route lines

When I use the on-board trip planner part of my route displays as a blue line and part as a black line.

Anyone know what the difference in colors means? I couldn't find a reference in the Dec 2018 Owners Manual maybe it's in the on-board manual.

hokiegir1 | 13/04/2019

Do you have EAP or FSD? The blue is likely the part where NoAP is available.

hamiltonned | 13/04/2019

I have both EAP and FSD. But this is occurring when I initiate the navigation before the car starts driving. The route is on I-75 from Atlanta to Lake City. The route from ATL to Macon is blue. From Macon to Tifton and on to LC is black. But it occurs on other routes as well all of which are on Interstates.

And I'm talking about the route on the map before I start driving not the display on the left side of the screen.

EVRider | 13/04/2019

It might be the traffic data for heavy traffic, which displays on top of the blue route if the traffic display isn't green. You can test this by turning off traffic data and see if the route changes color.

billlake2000 | 13/04/2019

Blue means flooding on the road with water and black means the road is covered in mud.

hokiegir1 | 13/04/2019

Ahh...after you explained the route, I think it's segments -- meaning I'd expect it has you charging in Macon. It can't necessarily predict further charging because that will depend on usage to that point and charge time in Macon....but for now, it's showing this is your first segment.