Forums

Bug - turning on Climate remotely causing screen computer lockup - anyone else?

Bug - turning on Climate remotely causing screen computer lockup - anyone else?

Twice, now, once with each of our two Model 3s a few days apart.

Wife had my M3, parked in the sun, app showed inside temp 109 (despite overheat protection on), I turned on Climate remotely from the app, watched the inside temp come down - then tried to switch Climate back off. Got pop-up message "Failed To Turn Off Climate". Wife got to car (her phone unlocked it) and called me in panic saying it wouldn't give her the PIN-TO-DRIVE box that usually pops up when the brake pedal is pressed. She couldn't drive. Rebooting the screen computer (holding both buttons down) fixed it.

Today, 3 days later, wife's car is in body shop getting windshield replaced (another story). App shows inside temp 128F. Same deal - turned on Climate remotely, watched temp start to come down, tried to turn it off, got the same error message. I can't access the car itself, and shop is closed for the weekend. Phone app now shows "waking up" forever.

Apparently, turning on Climate remotely is locking up the screen computer.

I'm using Tesla app on iPhone X (iOS 12.2) Wife's M3 is on 2019.5.15. Pretty sure mine was already updated to 2019.8.5

I did report bug to Tesla support and got a "thank you, we are forwarding..." reply.

Anyone else seen this?