Forums

Tesla - Wyndham Hotels Connection?

Tesla - Wyndham Hotels Connection?

Last summer I spent a week in Kanab,UT, at a Days Inn by Wyndham. They have 4 Tesla destination chargers in their parking lot. Very convenient to say the least. When I called for a reservation for this summer's trip to Kanab, the Days Inn was booked. I got a reservation at a brand new La Quinta by Wyndham at the other end of town. It turns out that they also have Tesla destination chargers that have not yet shown up on the map at the Tesla web site.

I'm wondering if Tesla has a working agreement with Wyndham's corporate office that whenever a new hotel is built, Tesla installs destination chargers.

EVRider | 14/05/2019

I googled “Tesla Wyndham” to see if I could find anything, and apparently Nikola Tesla lived in the Wyndham New Yorker Hotel for 10 years until his death in 1943, so I assume that has something to do with it.

Tropopause | 14/05/2019

I saw a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels with destination and sometimes Superchargers on their properties on my cross-country trip last month.

NoMoPetrol | 15/05/2019

It's good to know that Tesla's approach to establishing a convenient nationwide charging network involves a whole lot more than just securing DCFC units in Walmart parking lots.

jordanrichard | 15/05/2019

It would be unprecedented if they did have a deal. Many of the mall locations for their superchargers are at properties that are owned by Simon Properties.. Also a long while back Ruby Tuesdays announce that they have reached an agreement with Tesla to put superchargers at about 90 of their locations through out the country.

carlk | 15/05/2019

A couple years I took a trip to Napa Valley before supercharger there was built. It turned out almost everywhere I went, hotels or wineries, had one or two Tesla destination chargers. There are a lot more of those out there than we know.