Forums

Idiots keying a Tesla on Sentry Mode is blowing up!

Idiots keying a Tesla on Sentry Mode is blowing up!

People like this make me sick. So glad this is getting picked up by national media. I love how they say "Gas Guzzler" too haha

www.marketwatch.com/story/two-vandals-in-a-gas-guzzler-captured-on-video...

Magic 8 Ball | 15/05/2019

I don't think those guys will be smiling when they see themselves going viral doing that.

gmkellogg | 15/05/2019

Judging by their demeanor, I'm sure they'll wear it like a badge of honor.

With all this cam stuff I wanna see Bigfoot!

They will be flushed out and pay consequences, bank on it.

Effopec | 15/05/2019

Yeah, I read that this aired on the local news there in Sacramento. I'm sure someone saw it that could easily name the perps.

Joshan | 15/05/2019

They blurred their faces I thought.

Mikael13 | 15/05/2019

I really hope they catch these a-holes. I live 20 minutes away from Sac and I (unfortunately) never take my M3 there anymore because of this. I get the stares from guys with lifted pick ups. Just can’t take the risk especially after seeing videos of jerks eye-ing my car. My wife insisted as well especially after the 1st video a few months ago when a M3 was broken into at a movie theatre parking. I stay away from places where there’s a high percentage of lifted pick ups with confederate flags as well!

M3phan | 15/05/2019

When I saw that I wanted to kick the shiplap out of them.

gmkellogg | 15/05/2019

Yeah I don't get it. It'd be one thing if the Tesla owner had been rude or said something to him (which could have happened), but there's no good reason to randomly ruin someone's property. Sign of the times we live in I guess.

M3phan | 15/05/2019

I absolutely LOVE that this went viral since it’ll spread the word on sentry mode and hopefully reduce this stupidity.
Did I mention I want to kick the shiplap outta these sphincters?

SteveWin1 | 15/05/2019

Too bad there isn't a gofundme that I could donate to to provide a reward to these losers' friends and family for turning them in.

CharleyBC | 15/05/2019

I live in Sacramento, as does our Model 3. From the background, I can tell where this happened (Old Sac--sort of tourist area). Unfortunately, I do not recognize the jerks in question.

It's a little ironic that Tesla owners can't get even--we don't carry keys. Not that we would. We are higher life forms.

TM3Q | 15/05/2019

That’s another good reason why next month my M3 will be completely wrapped :-)

Joshan | 15/05/2019

would the keying ruin your wrap and the paint underneith costing even more?

CharleyBC | 15/05/2019

I'm waiting for Force Field Mode. That'll solve keying and break-ins. Next software update.

TabascoGuy | 15/05/2019

@CharleyBC +1

Even better yet, the following update will have Transporter Mode. You can beam the perps out to BFE or directly to the county jail.

TM3Q | 15/05/2019

@Joshan

No it’s the self regen wrap so the keying will not show

rxlawdude | 15/05/2019

It's good, but not that good, @RM3Q.

TM3Q | 15/05/2019

@rxlawdude

Yes it has it’s limit but I will get 10 years waranty :-)

I choose the glossy finish so next month I will post the pictured

cmh95628 | 15/05/2019

Looks like old Sac to me too. Don't recognize the A**holes.

WantMY | 15/05/2019

Next Time these jerks would break the glass and pull the USB drive out, so not going to end/stop those folks.

charles.a.ritchie | 15/05/2019

One of the local network affiliates ran the story but blurred the faces. I sent them an email asking them to rerun the story with the faces not blurred and asking the public to help identify the individuals in question. Otherwise they are enabling this kind of behavior. We‘ll see if they follow up.

TM3Q | 15/05/2019

There’s enough evidence to recognize theses 2 genius haha, location, their car, their faces and possibility of other security videos from the that location...easy for cops to find them, I bet they will turn themselves in pretty fast as soon as they contact a lawyer :-)

Actually it looks like only one committed vandalism while the other "accidentally" bang the door into the TESLA. Will friends stay friends or will one rat the other out.

Stay tuned...........................

dgstan | 15/05/2019

Really, we should set up a reward fund like Steve said. One of their dirtbag friends would certainly turn them in for a pack of smokes and a tall OE400.

calvin940 | 15/05/2019

I'll pitch in $100 to that fund.

Hal Fisher | 16/05/2019

Super jerks. They notice a scratch on their truck but incapable of even checking if the teslas door would line up with the scratch in the first place. Then, after keying they bounce their dented door against the tesla, proving they don’t really give a crap about the truck. Two, very small minds, showing how much they need each other.

neylus | 16/05/2019

You can clearly see as he's backing out that the truck is scratched and dinged up already. Strange behavior, I'm guessing they're coked up.

Bighorn | 16/05/2019

Or reefer madness.

jimglas | 16/05/2019

meth is the drug of choice

Bighorn | 16/05/2019

@jim
Agreed--I was joining in on Throwback Thursday:)

lbowroom | 16/05/2019

MarketWatch picked it up and is running it with clear faces

rkalbiarEV | 16/05/2019

Dicks

billlake2000 | 16/05/2019

I hope a dedicated forum user will post when these guys get caught.

Tropopause | 16/05/2019

C'mon Elon, get that Pick-up truck out so these truckers can get on board with the mission.

Madatgascar | 17/05/2019

Seriously, let’s set up a Gofundme for reward money. I’ll post $500. Sacramento folks, esp the owner, it would help to have a positive ID of the location.

Let’s set an example and make it repeatable. Sentry doesn’t work without enforcement, and that’s going to have to be by all of us. Neither Tesla nor the police or owner will have the resources.

SteveWin1 | 17/05/2019

I'm on board. If I had more free time, I'd make a website to do this. TeslaBounty.com isn't taken yet! Would be cool if people could post their videos on a website and put a bounty on the person who did it and others could contribute to the bounty as well. Hopefully that would help stop stuff like this from happening. Problem is, how do you collect the money, how do you hold the money, who decides who gets the bounty?

TM3Q | 17/05/2019

They will get caught same way that lady got arrested for keying a Tesla! There’s too much evidence it’s only a matter of time.

TM3Q | 17/05/2019

Oh and tonight going to see John wick 3.......can’t wait for John Wick 4 where’s John buys a Tesla Model 3 and someone keying his car and well you know how it’s going to end lol

jefjes | 17/05/2019

@TM3Q- LOL...I'm sure he will love it more than the Mustang he went ballistic over in the first one. That was a nice Mustang though...;-)

TabascoGuy | 17/05/2019

Wait, I thought that was all about what happened to Daisy.

neylus | 17/05/2019

@8B "Actually it looks like only one committed vandalism while the other "accidentally" bang the door into the TESLA. Will friends stay friends or will one rat the other out"

The driver is keying the car with his right hand as he bangs the door into the Model 3 with his left.

Magic 8 Ball | 17/05/2019

@neylus I do not see conclusive evidence of that (the body is blocking whatever the hand is doing). I think I will challenge your call and see what the fellers in booth have to say.

Joshan | 17/05/2019

I had not noticed that watching. Good eye.

Joshan | 17/05/2019

I will agree though it is not conclusive 100% evidence. But there is enough he would probably plea bargain out to avoid it on his record anyways.

Magic 8 Ball | 17/05/2019

One important tool we have here is one turning the other in. If say the driver were smart enough to go to a lawyer the plea tool is to turn the guy, we have conclusive evidence on, in.

ronocoug | 17/05/2019

Maybe there's hope; this just in: https://fox40.com/2019/05/16/police-search-for-2-men-caught-on-camera-va...

Local Fox news station has picked it up here in Sacramento.

TM3Q | 17/05/2019

I just tested my new 360 degree defense system for my Tesla, in the video notice when the beach balloon touches my rear wheel and how the car react!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lmj7zre4lqc4u6/Defense_System.mov?dl=0

Enjoy :-)

CharleyBC | 17/05/2019

@Madatgascar: "Sacramento folks, esp the owner, it would help to have a positive ID of the location."

You inspired me. I just went for a walk to Old Sac. The Tesla was parked at meter 9980 in front of 1107 Front Street.

Here's a screen shot from the video:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/02tWTb4NoI915EeZwN8zhAA5Q

And here's a shot I just took:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0K77wINxSbPFf7R_TVDQXGYIA

I didn't get EXACTLY the same perspective since it seemed uncool to crawl onto the hood of the car currently parked in the spot in order to simulate the Tesla camera position. But close enough.

stephenfootball | 17/05/2019

LOL!

Pages