Forums

Charging Suggestions near Disneyland - Anaheim, CA

Charging Suggestions near Disneyland - Anaheim, CA

This summer we are making a trip to Disneyland. We are staying in the Hilton Anaheim. They have EV charging, but only if you Valet park the car (always makes me nervous with my P3D). Not being familiar with the area, what is the availability at LA area Superchargers?

JAD | 21/05/2019

Superchargers are everywhere and the Model 3 is nothing new or exciting for the valet. Just have the hotel charge the car and don't worry about it.

scherer326 | 21/05/2019

unless they take it for a joy ride, ferris bueller style :-)

RIP ICE | 21/05/2019

I agree with JAD. If you still prefer to DIY, Santa Ana is just a few miles away.

tommypham | 21/05/2019

There's the Santa Ana or Westminster superchargers or you could just pay and use the chargepoint at the park.

ST70 | 21/05/2019

they'll let you park it...just tip them and give them your phone# so you can move it if needed

The_Flash | 21/05/2019

There are also 4x 16kw destination charger at Hyatt Regency across the street. You can charge there when you arrive and just park at your hotel once done. Walking distance.

charles.a.braun | 21/05/2019

There are destination chargers at The Marriott, directly next to the Convention Center. It cost me $16 to park there the final day of a conference I was attending a couple weeks ago, but my car got all charged up for the trip home.

tbd2001_01 | 21/05/2019

Ask the energizer bunny to charge it up. Mickey is his buddy. I wouldn’t park my car in Santa Ana or Westminster. Maybe Costa Mesa , Huntington Beach or Irvine

bradbomb | 21/05/2019

Where are you coming from with the P3D? There is a supercharger in Buena Park north of Anaheim and one in Santa Ana south of Anaheim. If your car has at least a 50% SOC, you shouldn't need it to be charging while at the hotel.

lbowroom | 21/05/2019

Santa Ana is almost always full, there's an attendant with a clipboard managing wait times. Westminster almost always has multiple openings.

TranzNDance | 21/05/2019

I got to Santa Ana Supercharger around 6:30 am and it was fine. It started getting full around 7am. I just charged enough to get to Santa Clarita since I was headed north.

jim | 21/05/2019

There is often a wait at the Santa Ana SuperCharger, but as @lbowroom said, there is an attendant and it's next to a mall and restaurants so even if you have to wait, there are things to do while waiting.

thorvund | 21/05/2019

Thank you. Lbowroom, TranzNDance, and Jim covered what I was asking in my poorly worded question. How busy are the Superchargers in the area. Sounds like they are fairly busy in the area. We have other things we want to do in the area, I was hoping to grab a super charge while I was out. It also sounds like there are a few L2 chargers in the parking garage across from the convention center. I am just going to play it by ear and know that the Valet option is always available.

thorvund | 21/05/2019

Thank you. Lbowroom, TranzNDance, and Jim covered what I was asking in my poorly worded question. How busy are the Superchargers in the area. Sounds like they are fairly busy in the area. We have other things we want to do in the area, I was hoping to grab a super charge while I was out. It also sounds like there are a few L2 chargers in the parking garage across from the convention center. I am just going to play it by ear and know that the Valet option is always available.

rxlawdude | 21/05/2019

@thorvund, the Westminster Superchargers are nearly empty most of the time, albeit limited to 70kW ("urban" chargers).

thorvund | 21/05/2019

Thank you, rxlawdude. That is great info to know.

Hassancook24 | 23/05/2019

If you're not from the area, you can rest assured that Teslas are everywhere here in SoCal, so all valets are familiar with them. Just make sure you put valet mode on lol

As far as superchargers there are 2 in the area, one in Santa Ana at MainPlace Mall and the other at Westminster Mall, which is a 20-30 minute drive up the 22 Freeway. There are plenty of slower chargers scattered throughout the city also that your car will pick up.

If all else fails, I live nearby and I'll let you charge at my house for a small fee =P

ebmcs03 | 23/05/2019

Charge at Disneyland. Tell the parking attendant you want to charge and they will direct you to the chargers. It is $0.35 a kw. But once it’s done charging you won’t be billed anymore. I’ve charged there before. It is ok occasionally. Similar price to supercharging anyways. Plus you get premium parking spots. First floor and by the tram.

ebmcs03 | 23/05/2019

Forgot to mention. You need a chargepoint account at Disneyland.

ST70 | 23/05/2019

how much for parking?