Forums

Viewing TeslaCam files

Viewing TeslaCam files

Hi everybody, new Model 3 owner here.
I had a notification from the sentry @ 4am today. Yet, there are no overnight files. So, as a Model3 owner for the past 20 hours, I have a few questions about sentry and dashcam videos.
1. Should the dashcam and sentry videos be in separate directories, or should they just be in one?
2. What do you use to view?edit your videos?
3. The sentry footage just runs for hours with nothing but tree branches blowing in the wind. Does this happen to anyone else?
Thanks in advance for your help.

rhj | 17/06/2019

Assuming latest firmware
/TeslaCam/RecentClips contains dashcam video as files
/TeslaCam/SavedClips contains Sentry video in separate directories by event date and time and SAVED dashcam video
On my MAC have been using Dashcam Viewer but it's still evolving,,,,,.
Otherwise just normal preview
And yes Sentry will pickup up motion

M3phan | 17/06/2019

When I get those sentry event pop ups in my car screen, if my car has no damage, I don’t worry about it, either walk bys, drive bys or looky loos. If I were to see damage then yeah I’m pulling the stick and looking.
Note: I have rummaged thru files on occasion and felt some pride (as someone else mentioned here), when I see walk bys stop and look it over. : )

Techy James | 17/06/2019

@rhj I also have a MAC, can you provide details about the Dashcam Viewer you referred too?

@M3phan I totally agree about the ignoring of the events from the Monitor. But in this case they got a notification which I would image an event that would have triggered the alarm.

@CRAIGJFIFTY3 if you got a push Notification on your cellphone then I would review the Dash Cam video by looking in the /TeslaCam/SavedClips/ for the timestamp that matches the time of the Notification. This folder is assuming A) you have firmware 2019.12 or later and B) correctly setup your USB device.

rhj | 17/06/2019

Dashcam Viewer is in the Mac App Store

CRAIGJFIFTY3 | 17/06/2019

Techy, There are no files overnight.
Is Dashcam Viewer worth the $5?

I can't use the dashcam viewer, my OS is too old. Any other options until I upgrade my Mac?

MrSexyTime | 17/06/2019

Looks like the app shows promise. On a mac, the gallery view is nice. You can very quickly drag through the videos and move to the next file. Moving between folders is a pain, and you back doesn't indicate which folder you were just viewing (so easy to delete the wrong folder, or rewatch).

gmr6415 | 17/06/2019

Here is a pretty intuitive web based viewer that isn't OS dependent.

https://sentrycam.appspot.com

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

thienedits | 18/07/2019

I also created a website called View My Tesla for easily viewing the files

https://viewmytesla.appspot.com/

M3BlueGeorgia | 18/07/2019

Just install and use VLC, which is an open source video player supporting many, many formats.