Forums

Bumpy Road Rattle?

Bumpy Road Rattle?

I’ve noticed every once in a while when I first start driving and I happen to be on uneven roads there’s a rattle. Also seems to be at lower speeds as well. It seems to go away after 10ish minutes and other times it doesn't happen at all. I’m thinking it may be temperature related or A/C related since it’s not every time. I can't really pin point the noise, sounds kind of like its in the dash behind the steering wheel or in the vents somewhere.

Anyone else experience something like this?

Pepperidge | 18/06/2019

I had similar issue and Tesla SC replaced front strut. I thought the sound was coming from behind the lower dash. And stops after driving sometime (30+ min). It make sound 0.2 sec after a bump.
They replaced it over night with no charge.

StepBack | 18/06/2019

Hmm I just don't know if i can recreate it consistently to have them be able to diagnose it.

Magic 8 Ball | 18/06/2019

Did someone lose a turtle in your car? When they dry out they rattle.

StepBack | 18/06/2019

@magic8ball Well I was winning the race when someone threw a giant turtle shell at my car and spun me out. So maybe its that.

Everyone hears stuff and talking rattles is always fun. It could be anything from being terribly serious and your life is in danger to bones rattling in a turtle shell.

Spitballing rattles and causes is difficult enough to do outside of virtual reality (been there done that hundreds of times for customers and myself). First question: Do you know if your car was built on a Monday or a Friday?

StepBack | 18/06/2019

@Magic8Ball Yes

Oh, I don't like the sound of that already, concerning for sure.