Forums

DUAL MOTOR badge

DUAL MOTOR badge

I just took delivery of a new long range Model X, and it came with just one badge: DUAL MOTOR. Not even a “Model X” badge. What’s up with that? Aren’t all Model X dual motor? It says nothing - think I’ll have it removed for the cleaner look.

Passion2Fly | 24/06/2019

You can buy all sorts of badges online these days for the Tesla. I’m not a badge guy...

lilbean | 24/06/2019

It sounds like Tesla wants the cars to be like the Model 3. Mine is debadged.

Al Cantara | 24/06/2019

I recently purchased a Model X 100D (pre Raven). It was an inventory model with HW3. I used WD40 to take off the Model X and the 100D (because I was having it ceramic coated). I thought about getting new ones put back on, but I just like it without the badges now.

Someone told me that there is some confusion regarding "dual motor" with the non-Tesla crowd...and they think it means that it's a gas-hybrid.

DanLA | 24/06/2019

There is a rumor that a tri-motor refresh is in the works. The dual motor badge would make sense in the future if there was a version with three motors. This is my hope, at least, as I am on the fence waiting to pull the trigger.

lilbean | 24/06/2019

What about the quad motor?

Madatgascar | 24/06/2019

In that case, it’s definitely coming off!

jjgunn | 26/06/2019

Quad motor.....

When 300,000 pounds of towing capacity & 162 MPH just isn't enough.

inconel | 26/06/2019

Owner of future Model S with quad motors and enhanced summon:
"Honey can you call in the squad, we're going to visit your mom"

lilbean | 26/06/2019

Haha!

starkmd | 08/08/2019

Speaking of "Dual Motors", does anyone have more information about how the car will continue driving even if one of the motors were to fail? I read that somewhere and can't help but wonder if that is true. If so, I'm guessing the driver will get warning that the motor has failed but will continue driving. This would be great to ensure one doesn't get stranded.

lilbean | 10/08/2019

It says so on the website.
“Tesla All-Wheel Drive has two independent motors. Unlike traditional all-wheel drive systems, these two motors digitally control torque to the front and rear wheels—for far better handling and traction control. Your car can drive on either motor, so you never need to worry about getting stuck on the road. If one motor stops working, you can safely continue to your destination with the second.”

lilbean | 10/08/2019

I actually got on from the Model 3 specs. I get the forum mixed up.