Forums

Arctic Temperature Data

Arctic Temperature Data

To melt away the Arctic ice, it will take a lot more than 274 deg. K!

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

See the 2019 summertime temperatures north of 80 deg. North latitude? Same as the 1958-2002 mean!

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 29/08/2019

@Redshift,
I realized I could just ask Google. Here’s a good read that explains a lot. All hypothesis at this time.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/why-are-glaciers-melting-from...

SCCRENDO | 29/08/2019

I posted the same link just before you. Ain’t google great

andy.connor.e | 30/08/2019

@Neo

The way we are warming the oceans is accelerating a convection process in which the warm ocean water gets pulled down to the bottom from melting ice, which accelerates the process. They explain it better than i can in the video link i posted a couple times.

SCCRENDO | 30/08/2019

Andy. Please repost your video. These link above explains it pretty well. But it is complicated.

Sure. 30 minute watch. I found it informative about how the ice is melting. Gave me a bit of insight as to why its melting faster than initially predicted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9pH5d7vKBs

SCCRENDO | 30/08/2019

Thanks Andy. Also more sad news regarding the Great Barrier Reef. I was there in 2005 and it was amazing. Glad I got to see it. I am torn whether I want to go back. I would like to see it again before it disappears. But I think it would be very depressing
https://apple.news/ARHAeWNn4T721ZQjkywdxCA

Sad, wont be long before its just a graveyard full of plastic.

MitchP85D | 30/08/2019

Why do glaciers melt from the bottom? Answer. Same reason why icebergs do. The above freezing seawater melts by contact the ice above it. Like how ice cubes melt in your drink. The only way to melt glaciers from the bottom over land is if there is some sort of volcanic activity from below.

As the snow-packed glaciers slowly advance towards the shore from land, they hang out over the edge and wave action helps to melt them down. Been going on in Greenland and Antarctica for eons of time.

Make sense anybody?

MitchP85D | 30/08/2019

The Arctic ice melt still shows a peculiar early slow-down in late August.

25 AUG - 4,670,000 km^2

26 AUG - 4,656,000 km^2

27 AUG - 4,667,000 km^2

28 AUG - 4,669,000 km^2

29 AUG - 4,665,000 km^2

Need about 6-8 more data points to see if the Arctic ice is bottoming out this year. I think it has about 250,000 km^2 more melting to go, so this is just a brief pause. But then again, nature just might surprise us all!

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 30/08/2019

dm/dt >0

MitchP85D | 30/08/2019

For now Neomax. But not to infinity like the global warming fanatics believe.

HADRON COLLIDER | 30/08/2019

Funny, I'm over here on Maui--coming here to the same beaches for 50 years and there is virtually ZERO net increase in sea levels.

Same story in the Maldives. Same story in Miami, FL.

sabbia | 31/08/2019

@Hadron:

"Miami set daily high tide records for more than a week straight for the period bridging late July and early August, despite a total lack of storminess in the region."

"...the amount of flooding Miami is seeing now versus 23 years ago, since 5.9 inches is 38 percent of 16 inches. In reality, there has been a 3.2-fold increase in how often Miami sees nuisance flooding. That’s a 320 percent jump."

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/08/08/analysis-sea-level-ris...

SCCRENDO | 31/08/2019

@Sabbia. HADRON COLLIDER is a known denier troll. If he were the true HADRON COLLIDER we would never have learnt about subatomic particle. He would have told us that all those light flashes were just a video game. I bet he also thinks that the earth is flat and Mars is round.

sabbia | 31/08/2019

@SCC. Figures. At least they're not the Large Hadron Collider.

MitchP85D | 31/08/2019

Hello Hadron Collider, welcome to the thread. Thank you for stopping by. Notice how sabbia (I call her silly sabby) immediately knee-jerked to your post? She used the liberal Washington Post / Andrew Freedman spin as the source to refute your observations. Well, this is what I do to counter these global warming fanatics. I use scientific data. It drives them nuts!

Let's have a look at some tide gauge data.

Kahalui, HI has a tide gauge. Let's see what happened there.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?id=161...

Their sea level has risen 0.72 foot in 100 years. In 50 years, that's about 4 inches. That is why you haven't seen much of a sea level rise in 50 years at Maui.

The Maldives has a tide gauge.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?id=454...

With their limited data, the sea has risen there about 1/2 foot in 50 years. That is why you have not seen much sea level rise in 50 years.

Key West, FL has a tide gauge.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?id=872...

Key West sea level has risen 0.79 foot in 100 years. That is about 41/2 inches in 50 years. That is why HC hasn't seen much sea level rise at Miami in the past 50 years.

Hadron Collider, if your moniker is any indication, you must be somebody who appreciates science. I think this scientific data speaks for itself. It beats the hell out of Washington Post spin.

SCCRENDO | 31/08/2019

@Sabbia. I guess we have learnt the secret. We should just change our names to Einstein and then we will automatically be experts on relativity. Perhaps we could change our monikers to Hawkins and be experts on everything. To satisfy our weathermoron you will have to call yourself Mrs. Einstein or Mrs. Hawkins.

MitchP85D | 31/08/2019

Perhaps you should wait for HC to speak for himself SCCRENDODO. Maybe he is a scientist. Maybe he isn't. Maybe he is a science fan, and likes science stuff. At this point, we don't know anything about him other than he has been to 3 different places. And there is no reason why to believe he hasn't been to those places yet.

MitchP85D | 31/08/2019

30 AUG 2019 - 4,647,000 km^2

Arctic sea ice down 18,000 km^2 from 29 AUG 2019. Still melting, but at a slow pace. It was melting around 80,000 km^2 per day early AUG. Now it is about averaging about 5,000 km^2 per day.

HADRON COLLIDER | 02/09/2019

SCCRENDO, typical of the Left here on Tesla Forum (ground zero of the most radical "climate change" intelligentsia), leads as usual with the classic ad hominem approach. Nicely done, SC!

It never disappoints. Get a life. And a discounted home in Boca--soon to be flooded away by "rising sea levels"--which is NOT in nay way equivalent to a series of "elevated high tides."

The Maldives (Indian Ocean, virtually an island nation at sea level) has been awaiting inundation for 25 to 30 years. Not only has said inundation not occurred, scientific measurements have determined that there is virtually no significant change in sea levels up or down in the same time frame. What did our plucky Australian climate change team do?. They destroyed a a famous tree which had been used as a water level landmark because the tree somehow managed to crawl higher onto the beach giving visual representation of the absurdity of rising sea levels there. Are they not guilty of ecoterrorism and the destruction of a landmark tree?

SMH.

Hi to MitchP85D. I think we are alone in this room.....

Thanks for the data support. Facts. Are they not SO inconvenient at times?

" I bet he also thinks that the earth is flat and Mars is round. "

Hmmmm. Does this mean that the Earth is round, but Mars is flat?

Who knew? I stand corrected. Note to self: " The Earth is round, but Mars is flat."

LOL! Your first reference is from your Google search (right after top of page "Maldives Cheap Vacations | Compare Last Minute Deals").

Yet, from the Maldives own website we get this: "The 1987 high tides and the 2004 tsunami illustrate that climate change is already affecting the Maldives. "

WOW! They ARE concerned! They take two statistical anomalies, including one caused solely by an earthquake, and begin tolling the Climate Change Bell of Doom.

Laughable on its face; disturbing, coming from a gov't-sponsored website.

Par for the course.

SC, I'm still awaiting my data re: "Mars is flat." I'd be quite appreciative of same!

All of my views, to date, of NASA's Mars insertion composite video indicates that (silly me!) Mars appears to be spherical.

What does NASA know that they aren't telling us? And spending lots of our cash by doctoring their own videos!

SC, I'm still awaiting my data re: "Mars is flat." I'd be quite appreciative of same!

All of my views, to date, of NASA's Mars insertion composite video indicates that (silly me!) Mars appears to be spherical.

What does NASA know that they aren't telling us? And spending lots of our cash by doctoring their own videos!

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

@Hadron. In case you missed it it was a joke. The science we get from you guys is similar to that of the flat earth society who claim that the earth is flat yet Mars is round. We have given up arguing science with you clowns because it is a total waste of time. You guys and your stupid statements have just become a source of amusement to us. Here is the link I was referring to. It came from an exchange between Elon and the flat earth society
https://www.sciencealert.com/the-flat-earth-society-responded-elon-musk-...

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

Here is a link to my topic on the flat earth
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/earth-indeed-flat?page=6#new

@SCCRENDO. A joke is understood. It even goes in two directions.

You folks have taken about 100 years of flawed/politically manipulated data on a 4.543B year-old planet and have stated, "The Science is Settled."

No. Not by a long shot.

And, Elon? Not a god. Not mine, anyway.

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

@HADRON. You are misquoting. If you want to debate the science in an honest manner I am willing. Stick to the science one fact at a time, cut out the strawman arguments and stop changing subjects before we have addressed each subject. If you can abide by honest rules of scientific debate we can have an enjoyable debate. Otherwise you will be met with same mockery we reserve for Mitch

" If you can abide by honest rules of scientific debate we can have an enjoyable debate. "

----- "@Sabbia. HADRON COLLIDER is a known denier troll."

Your first words betray your intent. You are not interested in scientific debate; you ARE interested in mockery, mockery of any and all who DARE to dispute your "settled science."

It is the faux-debate of the social justice warrior, of hypocrites such as DeCaprio, who uses his private jet to luxuriate his way to Davos (etc.) in order to congratulate himself, with knowing nods to all the other self-righteous progs, all puffed up with the certain knowledge that he and they--and only he and they--are the elites, granted the wisdom, perspicuity and financial largesse to lecture all lesser beings in making sustainable choices in the conduct of their regrettably meaningless lives.

(Basically, the elite city-dweller vs the mud people in flyover country. One question only: Where does food come from, Mr. DeCaprio?).

So you see, I will not be playing by your rules, heavily weighted as they are by contrivance, leveraged by smugness & mockery and made impervious to logic by the fanaticism of the righteous Left.

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

@Hadron. You have shown yourself to be a denier troll. Wild statements not backed by fact. Most of us are tired of you guys and have earned our disrespect. Hence don’t be surprised at our attitude. Debate honestly and we will treat you respectfully whether we agree with you or not. At this point you are just another useless troll attempting to disrupt intelligent conversations on climate change.

RedShift | 02/09/2019

@hadron

Just having a handle that sounds scientific doesn’t mean you understand or respect science.

You chide others to show you data? Well, there’s plenty of that provided in the posts above.

Where’s your data? No such thing.

Just fake imperious posts chiding and berating others.

Your just an ignorant POS. :-)

sabbia | 02/09/2019

Of course, hadrons have spin (either half or integer). It doesn't confer honesty when one spins the facts.

I see that I am gathering more expert SJW opinion. Ouch!

Carry on.

rxlawdude | 02/09/2019

I'm thinking HADRON COLLIDER is a euphemism for a Destruction Derby driver.

RedShift | 02/09/2019

Yes, we will carry on, and you take your no data BS elsewhere.

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

@Sabbia. It’s the quarks that have the spin. That is what gives them different flavors. But indeed all this spinning does take place in a Hadron Colliders. Indeed we may not know all the degrees of spin and flavors you get in the collider. Perhaps he is now informing us.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 02/09/2019

If you’re you g to talk spin, flavor, and charm I’m going to toss one more out there in the lipid education. Linked below is a 7 hour discussion Dr Peter Attia had with Dr Tom Dayspring. Very informative master class on lipids, therapy, history, and current day best practices. It’s a rabbit hole but one worth venturing down.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-peter-attia-drive/id1400828889...

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 02/09/2019

Damn fat thumbs.

I comment perhaps once/6 months and yet, in just a few short hours, I have amassed ~13 troll-like responses. Is this, like, your day job?

Shake a tree....(I hope that MitchP85D is relaxing today--catching a break at my expense)!

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019

@Neo. I know Thomas Dayspring very well. He is very smart. He used to have a weekly blog. But enough of that for now.
@ Sabina. A little primer on quarks for all of us. Of course quarks join together to form Hadron. Hence the need for a Hadron Collider to study quarks among other things. We could end up with too much spin and the wrong flavors in a fake Hadron Collider.

SCCRENDO | 02/09/2019
rxlawdude | 02/09/2019

@HADRON, "Your first words betray your intent. You are not interested in scientific debate; you ARE interested in mockery, mockery of any and all who DARE to dispute your "settled science."" - Um, settled science is settled. Or do you believe we need another Law of Thermodynamics or Law of Gravity, since they can be debated. SMH.

It is the faux-debate of the social justice warrior... to lecture all lesser beings in making sustainable choices in the conduct of their regrettably meaningless lives. You consider yourself a lesser being. Agreed.

(Basically, the elite city-dweller vs the mud people in flyover country. One question only: Where does food come from, Mr. DeCaprio?).

So you see, I will not be playing by your rules ... leveraged by smugness & mockery and made impervious to logic by the fanaticism of the righteous Left. I guess you forgot about FACTS, which are NOT on your side of the argument.

rxlawdude | 02/09/2019

Damn, forgot to quote the guy. Repost:
@HADRON, "Your first words betray your intent. You are not interested in scientific debate; you ARE interested in mockery, mockery of any and all who DARE to dispute your "settled science."" - Um, settled science is settled. Or do you believe we need another Law of Thermodynamics or Law of Gravity, since they can be debated. SMH.

"It is the faux-debate of the social justice warrior... to lecture all lesser beings in making sustainable choices in the conduct of their regrettably meaningless lives. You consider yourself a lesser being." Agreed.

"So you see, I will not be playing by your rules ... leveraged by smugness & mockery and made impervious to logic by the fanaticism of the righteous Left." I guess you forgot about FACTS, which are NOT on your side of the argument. We are indeed fanatical about FACTS, something that seems to currently elude the followers of Pied Orange Piper.

MitchP85D | 02/09/2019

Just got back from my swing shift. I don't comment here while at work. Got something more important going on in the northern Bahamas.

Wow, I can tell HC really irritated some folks here. Made for some entertaining reading.

Want something really entertaining? Check it out. The Obamas are buying a Martha's Vineyard property right next to the coast.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kathleenhowley/2019/09/01/obamas-buying-mar...

They certainly don't seem to be all that concerned about sea level rise do they? This directly ties in to DiCaprio's private jetting around, lecturing the underclass how screwed up they are for driving SUVs and pickup trucks.

Maybe Obama thinks that while he was president, he did enough to hold the sea at bay, and in fact "lower the sea levels!"

I'm laughing at you global warming worshippers. Unfortunately, Obama is laughing at us peons!

andy.connor.e | 03/09/2019

This was a pretty interesting watch. 1 hour long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEWoPzaDmOA

SCCRENDO | 03/09/2019

@Andy. I am not going through a one hour denial infomercial. It is Mitch drivel wrapped up into one large infomercial. A few minutes is enough. If you wish to sell your point please give us a nice summary that you understand

andy.connor.e | 03/09/2019

this isnt "my point". I watched a video and i thought it was interesting how many interactions with earth and the sun there are.

SCCRENDO | 03/09/2019

OK. But most of us know that. Why not highlight the points you found interesting instead of trying to get us to sit through a one hour infomercial

Pages