Forums

Improvement to Navigation

Improvement to Navigation

Hey Folks; I'd like to get some feed back on a proposed improvement to the navigation system. I'd like to see an option in the sub-menu that gives directions while in cities with right turns only, eliminating all left turns when possible. Welcome feedback so we might get this in one of our future upgrades. Thanks...MHB

jimglas | 09/10/2019

why?

NKYTA | 09/10/2019

What if there a lot of one way streets??

Maybe?

Just let the Nav pick the best route. In 110k miles it has only led me astray a few times.

TranzNDance | 10/10/2019

It seems like it already has a preference for right hand turns.

TabascoGuy | 10/10/2019

@jim, delivery routes in large cities that only make right hand turns are supposedly more efficient than those that include left hand turns. Mythbusters did a show on it but I don't remember if that was busted or not. Maybe that's what OP is referring to.

mbirnie51 | 10/10/2019

@jimglas...left turns are much safer, reducing collisions at intersections by over 50%. It takes 3 right turns to equal one left, and only minimal extra time. A lot of owners are 60+ years old(I'm in that group) and it takes a lot of stress off of city driving. Notice I asked to enable in CITIES, so if you don't want to use it, don't enable it.