Forums

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

GOT My Model 3 Saturday, the 19th of October!!!!

I do not think I have been this excited for ANYTHING in a LONG LONG LONG TIME!!!

At 11 am Saturday, the 19th, my wife and I will be official Model 3 owners.
Standard Range plus.
White Paint
White Interior
19" Rims

Mats, ordered.
Wireless phone charger, ordered
128gb memory card for Sentry, ordered
Dyson cordless vac, ordered
Purell, Dawn and baby wipes to clean seats, ordered

My 3 sons are gonna be at the house with us, waiting for the car to be delivered. They will probably jump in it and drive it before I do.

Joshan | 15/10/2019

nice, you will love it and hate the thought of driving anything else soon :)

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

HAHA!!. I have a Ford Fusion ENERGI right now. Which I love. I have 26k miles on it and have only put gas in it 11 times. I have the receipts to prove it. I can't wait until I NEVER have to go to the gas station again!!!!!

vmulla | 15/10/2019

@Pg3ibew,
First off, congrats! You will love it.

I did not see center console wrap in your list, order it if you haven't already.

Do not forget to leave a review - first drive, first road-trip, first software update...everything. If there are things that you think can be improved share them, that's a sign that you've really taken to the car and see it's possibilities.

tarballqc | 15/10/2019

Congrats! May I ask in which country you are ? :)

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@vmulla.... What is the center console wrap?

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@Scott, I don't plan on selling it.

vmulla | 15/10/2019

@Pg3ibew,
The car has a beautiful piano black finish for the center console. It is fantastic to look at, but it is also difficult to maintain and is prone to scratches.
It hurts to see such a nice center console scratched up - many owners apply a protective wrap over the original finish, it is basically a vinyl sticker. I recommend it highly, it really allows you to enjoy the car without worrying about scratches, or fingerprint smudges.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@vmulla.... I just googled it. I saw an awesome white wrap!!!!!

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@vmulla.... I just googled it. I saw an awesome white wrap!!!!!

spuzzz123 | 15/10/2019

Kenriko center console wrap was fairly easy to install and still holding up great 18 months after install. Congrats I envy you! For me the enthusiasm has not faded but there was nothing like the anticipation of that initial delivery.

Bated Breath | 15/10/2019

Only use Dawn if you want to remove the wax. For regular washing, use something made specifically for washing cars. I use Dawn when I'm going to apply a fresh coat of wax. I use Optimum No Rinse for all other washes.

Enjoy your car. You will love it!

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@spuzz, Kenriko is the brand I saw when I googled it.
@Bated, Thanks for the advice.

tarballqc | 15/10/2019

I ordered white on white as well. I hope i will get some good news shortly :)

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@tarball, You are waiting for yours? Where do you live? I live in NYC.

rob.kibler | 15/10/2019

Woohoo!

tarballqc | 15/10/2019

@Pg3ibew yes i am waiting for my SR+ white on white. i'm in Montreal Canada :) Not too far from you.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@tarball, I could have had mine last week. I asked them to hold off. I am not sure how quickly they are delivering up there.

vmulla | 15/10/2019

tarballqc | October 15, 2019
@Pg3ibew yes i am waiting for my SR+ white on white. i'm in Montreal Canada :) Not too far from you.
----

With Autopilot that's not far at all :))

walnotr | 15/10/2019

Welcome to the “I will never drive anything else!” club. Be sure to check back with any other questions you my have, you are getting a car like none other you have ever owned. There is a fun learning curve that starts with first time you slam down the accelerator!

WW_spb | 15/10/2019

Congrats! We are waiting on LR white on white. Georgia. My wife will be one happy Woman )))

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

Thanks for all the well wishes. I have been anticipating this car since Tesla's Inception. I could not afford the S or X. I needed a car 3 years ago and leased the Ford Fusion ENERGI. Which is a very good car in it's own right. Then when the Model 3 was introduced, I quickly put a down payment on it. But the 3 year lease I signed with Ford held me back from ordering the 3. My lease is up next week. I get my Model 3 a few days ahead of the lease end.

rehutton777 | 15/10/2019

Pg3ibw: Congratulations on your acquisition - - you'll love it! Of all the things you've ordered, I did not see a 240 V mobile connector with a NEMA 14-50 adapter for home charging. This is by far the most convenient and least expensive way to charge your car (overnight charging at cheaper rates if you can use time-of-use rates), unless you happen to have a free charger close by or at work. But even then, charging is slow and not as convenient as doing it at home.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@rehutton, I am leasing a Ford Fusion Energi. I have a level 2 charger in my home. The J1772 style. I will use the adapter.

swanson21 | 15/10/2019

@scott what a "debbie downer" you must be the life of the party wherever you go!

sure, they lowered the price..after the tax credit was lowered by the same amount! AND, if ordered before July 2018, us early adopters got free premium wifi for life! which they will be charging for shortly...

and, why the hell did you wait 2.5 years for a car and sell after what...a few months? anyone who sells a car that quickly after buying new is gonna be screwed no matter what make and model you buy

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@swanson, I think the guy Scott seems like a clown troll. He posted the same exact thing in other places. Quite honestly, if he no longer owns a Tesla, he should be removed from posting. I thought only Tesla owners can post.

PteRoy | 15/10/2019

I didn’t see your charging set up? If you’re charging at home I highly recommend a 240v charger which you’ll need to install and order the adapter you need.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@pteroy, right now, I lease a Ford Fusion ENERGI. I have a level 2 J1772 charge in my home already.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

I also ordered an air compressor with a fix a flat kit.

swanson21 | 15/10/2019

@Pg3ibew +1

I think anyone can respond to a topic, but only owners/soon to be owners like you? can post new topic?

Anyways, congrats and welcome to the M3 family, hopefully all goes well at delivery!

I love re-living the moments before and after delivery vicariously through other's even though it was a semi-pain in the arse for me last year during 3rd quarter rush.

I also ordered the center console wrap, it can take a bit to install but so worth not having the scratches etc.

Tinted windows and matching door handle decals completed the look for me on my beloved light silver M3.

Pg3ibew | 15/10/2019

@swanson, We have been looking at tinting the windows and door handle decals. There is sooooo much we want to do. Money is always an issue. HAHA

M3phan | 15/10/2019

Congrats x 10!
I flagged @scott

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

Tesla App is installed on the phone. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

Tesla App is installed on the phone. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

jimglas | 16/10/2019

Scott is the latest FUD troll. Just flag his posts and move on

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

F&$K the trolls. I am here to REJOICE!!!!!!!!
Lmao

vmulla | 16/10/2019

@Pg3ibew,
I know Saturday can't come soon enough. Take a Tesla hating friend along for the delivery, it gets more fun -and their perspective is often helpful.

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

@vmulla, Unfortunately, I know MANY EV haters. I am trying to turn them one at a time. I will say this, many many of my friends, even the haters, are quite excited to see my car and get a chance to experience driving it.

Techy James | 16/10/2019

Congrats. With being the SR+ you automatically get AP. While not required FSD does make long trips a little let tedious.

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

@techy, yes. I get AP. As far as FSD, I would LOVE to have it. I could not justify the added cost to my budget.

agkulcz | 16/10/2019

@Pg3ibew Given your comments in the range thread, check and make sure that your new SR+ is reporting close to 240 miles of range at 100% charge and not 230 or 220 as a lot of people's SR+ cars are now reporting.

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

@agkulcz, I certainly will. I have been a big fan of Tesla for a LONG TIME. I have been reading the forums for a long time as well. While I am a newbie to ownership, in reading the forums, You guys have answered many questions before I even take ownership. And I am sure I will have more questions once I get the car.

agkulcz | 16/10/2019

@Pg3ibew Also, please report what you find once you pick up your new car. I think a lot of us would love to see what a brand new SR+ with current software version is reporting. Thank you in advance and enjoy your new car...

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

@agkulcz, one of you would probably have to call me and help me with what the current software is reporting. Lol. I am not much a computer geek. But I am sure with some help from some of the guys and gals on these forums, I can figure it out.

95dawg | 16/10/2019

Congrats! Don't forget to order game controllers.

WW_spb | 16/10/2019

Where do you order game controller? Does reg wired Xbox controller work?

coselectric | 16/10/2019

@Pg3ibew, congrats on your purchase. We've had ours just over 1 year, and I still look forward to driving it every day.

My recommended list:
- Abstract Ocean brushed titanium console wrap ($40, looks AWESOME)
- Abstract Ocean HD clear screen protector (around $35)
- Spotify Premium account ($10/month)
- Amazon Basics XBox controller (like $25)

Your 128 GB card should be adequate now that the latest software update replaces the oldest clips. I also went with the Tesla all-weather floormats for something like $150, they're great.

I wash it by hand about every 2 weeks and towel dry, takes 30 min. No ceramic or other treatments, still looks factory after a year. Windshield is getting a little pitted - Colorado is a harsh environment. 15K miles and the factory tires are, sadly, almost done (it's hard not to push that accelerator to the floor - so much fun). Only maintenance after one year is one tire rotation.

Enjoy.

sced06 | 16/10/2019

I've had mine 10 days. I've done ceramic coating and changed the dash panel to a carbon fiber cover and I've changed the puddle lights to the tesla logo and I've changed the foot lights to blue led's. I like the piano black console and like the way it now contrasts with the carbon fiber dash.

M3phan | 16/10/2019

...1day closer...

Pg3ibew | 16/10/2019

@Dawg, WHAT? Game controllers??
@coselectric, I am not a fan of ALL WEATHER Mats. I went back and forth about them and decided against them. I am looking into interior wraps/protectors.
@sced, what are PUDDLE lights?
@M3phan, less than 66 hours!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO

Mike83 | 16/10/2019

Congrats. Don't forget to get your garage spruced up. I cleaned out the garage, painted it, some people epoxy the floor, and no oil or gas allowed in the clean smelling garage. The learning curve is short now and superchargers are everywhere but take your time to get familiar with all the features, you'll love em. You might want to get a window squeegee or rag and some waterless cleaning sprays with microfiber rags. It is easy to clean off bugs while supercharging.

Pages