Forums

Turn signal not keep-on going in reverse.

Turn signal not keep-on going in reverse.

Edit: this is fixed in 2019.36.2.1 version
========
Hi all, this is not a big deal. I just want to share and see if this is just my car behaving.

I just noticed that when my model 3 is in Reverse “gear”, the turn signal won’t keep on blinking even if I fully push the turn signal stalk. It’ll just blink 3 times the same as if I stop pushing at the resistance point. When the car is in D or N, it behaves normal.

It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the steering angle and it happens too when my wheel is strait and not turning. The fun fact is that I can make it keep on blinking by “double click” the stalk fully twice.

Yes, I use the turn signals while backing off. I’m on 2019.32.12.2. Cheers,

bradbomb | 16/10/2019

I noticed that too last weekend waiting for a parking spot at the grocery. I needed to be in reverse in case I needed to give the person leaving more space to get out, but I wanted all the other drivers to know that spot is mine. I don't remember this to be the case on earlier software.

MTF16 | 16/10/2019

@bradbomb I always use turn signals when I back up out of a busy parking lot. It definitely didn't do this a few month back but I don't know exactly when it started.

MTF16 | 14/11/2019

OK, this bug is fixed in 2019.36.1.

82bert | 14/11/2019

I’ve never once put my turn signal on in reverse. That’s what the reverse lights are for. Correct me if I’m wrong.

MTF16 | 14/11/2019

I just use it to indicate where the car is going in reverse, extra layer of safety for me. :)