Forums

Vinyl and Xpel wrap

Vinyl and Xpel wrap

Decided to have my front end and mirrors wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus and highly recommend this to anyone with a brand new Model X before you start getting paint chips and scratches on the front bumper from road grime. Not 1 week after we pick up our Pearl White X, did I notice a small 2 mm chip in the front bumper. I thought about Xpel but didn't want to pay the price to have it installed. Well, I can now say that its the best product/protection that money can buy. I literally can wipe away bugs and grime off the front with NO effort at all and it remains flawless and shiny. It makes the Pearl Coat 3 dimensional in appearance and wax makes the film indestructible. Anything that hits the film, slides off and to top it off, it is self-healing. I am nothing but impressed with the quality of this product and recommend it to everyone. Also, I added a little color to the car with 3M vinyl and highly recommend that as well. The lower doors are the perfect place to put a little color on the car. Let me know your thoughts.

jimglas | 12/11/2019

any pics?

scottforest | 12/11/2019

How much did the wrap cost? I’m currently waiting for a Pearl White model X.

whartline | 12/11/2019

I recerived a quotes for X-pel with ceramic coat: (Stealth)
Partial- $1,195
Full Front- $1995
Whole Model X- $6500

whartline | 12/11/2019

I recerived a quotes for X-pel with ceramic coat: (Stealth)
Partial- $1,195
Full Front- $1995
Whole Model X- $6500

awajr31 | 13/11/2019

My 2019 MX P100D (White on Black) received a full body wrap of XPEL Ultimate plus the XPEL Ceramic application when new. Had two front side windows tinted at same time. Total cost $5,100.
Excellent protection!!

BestX | 13/11/2019

My X was in the parking lot when a neighbouring Lexus damaged it accidentally while leaving the parking. Lexus was scratched pretty badly all along the passenger side. The scratches on my X looked pretty nasty. But when we removed the underneath XPel wrap, there was not an iota of a scratch on the paint! The Lexus owner paid for the new wrap. And the previous wrap was over 68,000 miles! Pic here:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fXlFPnlIXBoT3Ia3nP1BTTYk2Df0J-I1_NlHPq...

jmdubose2000 | 13/11/2019

I recently bought a 2016 Model X 90 with 26k miles off of Tesla's used website. I was very pleasantly surprised that vehicle was in pristine condition. I can find no dings or chips at all. I am now thinking that maybe it was "wrapped". Is there any way to tell for sure?

scottforest | 14/11/2019

Great info, thanks

XPEL | 14/11/2019

"Submitted by pmgraham86 on November 12, 2019
Decided to have my front end and mirrors wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus and highly recommend this to anyone with a brand new Model X before you start getting paint chips and scratches on the front bumper from road grime. Not 1 week after we pick up our Pearl White X, did I notice a small 2 mm chip in the front bumper. I thought about Xpel but didn't want to pay the price to have it installed. Well, I can now say that its the best product/protection that money can buy. I literally can wipe away bugs and grime off the front with NO effort at all and it remains flawless and shiny. It makes the Pearl Coat 3 dimensional in appearance and wax makes the film indestructible. Anything that hits the film, slides off and to top it off, it is self-healing. I am nothing but impressed with the quality of this product and recommend it to everyone. Also, I added a little color to the car with 3M vinyl and highly recommend that as well. The lower doors are the perfect place to put a little color on the car. Let me know your thoughts."

Thank you for sharing!

Mike | 15/11/2019

I did the full frontal Xpel, front 2 windows ceramic tint, whole car ceramic coated about 3100.
Then I ordered a foam cannon, invisible glass, proper microfiber towels and wash mitts.
Super easy to clean, keep clean.
I took it straight from delivery to delivery to have the factory installed paint swirls corrected and paint protected.
Only downside was car had 260 miles on it when it was delivered, and in the setting sun, you can see small sand marks in the window where a Tesla employee followed a vehicle too close, I didnt notice it on acceptance, my bad im told.

Len-doc | 14/01/2020

I also did the X-pel and ceramic coat. for about $3100, including clay bar and touch up (the care had about 10,000 miles on it). Easy to wash with 3 gallons of water using ONR (Optimum No Rinse) with microfiber towels. Looks great with little effort.

Len-doc | 14/01/2020

I also did the X-pel and ceramic coat. for about $3100, including clay bar and touch up (the care had about 10,000 miles on it). Easy to wash with 3 gallons of water using ONR (Optimum No Rinse) with microfiber towels. Looks great with little effort.

Joe | 18/01/2020

I am considering doing Ceramic Pro which isn’t a wrap but rather a treatment on the entire vehicle. Quoted $2,500 CDN for the whole MX plus any touch ups required. Any one else use this brand? I think they are only in the Greater Toronto Area but not sure.

ksrehman | 21/01/2020

@Len-doc did you do front X-pel or the whole car?

Dirkster | 22/01/2020

My understanding is that ceramic may actually create a stronger barrier of protection than XPEL. I had my entire vehicle wrapped for about $6K. They recommended getting a ceramic coat on top of the wrap for another $900.00 which would include rims (brake dust would come of easily). Pros of wrap are that it can last up to 8-10 years. Cons you have to treat every 3 months. Adding a ceramic coat would obviate the need to treat, but the ceramic coat fades away after about 2 years.

Pungoteague_Dave | 23/01/2020

Ceramic coat is fancy wax. It will not help with chips from stones, which is the biggest problem with front ends on these cars. We wrap every car's front surfaces on the way home from delivery, no exceptions. I did xpel within a mile of Tesla's HQ after taking delivery there in December 2014, and went straight from the Tesla Owings Mills location to the XPel installer last September. We live in a rural area, and have a mile-long gravel driveway, never have chips with wraps.