Forums

How long until delivery of Tesla Winter wheel package?

How long until delivery of Tesla Winter wheel package?

I ordered these a couple of weeks ago:
https://shop.tesla.com/product/model-x-19_-cyclone-wheel-and-winter-tire...
I was told I would get an email when they are shipped
Haven't heard anything.
Does anybody have any experience with what my ETA might be?

jimglas | 15/11/2019

I did email the service center
But, of course, no response

reed_lewis | 15/11/2019

Welcome to the world of ordering items to be installed by a service center. I ordered 18" winter wheel/tire package for my Model 3, and have not heard anything either. The only response to an email from the store is that they cannot track it (I do not understand why), and the local center knows nothing also.

jimglas | 15/11/2019

One would think that they would like to make some money?

andy.connor.e | 15/11/2019

Possible they dont have the spare parts available for purchase as they are needed for production and service stockpile (not stocking at service for sale but for replacements as needed). But i dont know, im bsing right now. But if it were me, and i paid for something that was taking this long, i'd cancel and try another time or a different place.

jimglas | 15/11/2019

We are talking about the winter tire/wheel sets. Not standard equipment or replacement parts.

andy.connor.e | 15/11/2019

Oh haha duh, then idk really. Order backed up or negligence. Either way i'd still probably cancel, maybe they need to hear the threat to get the order pushed through. Some people do.

wfickas | 15/11/2019

I ordered a winter set for my M3 at the beginning of October. I emailed at the end of October when I still hadn't got any update and they replied it could take up to 6 weeks. I emailed again at the beginning of this week and have not heard back yet. It's been three snow storms since my original order and I would love to have my tires swapped. I would have ordered earlier, but they have the warnings that they won't hold onto them at the service center more than a few days and I didn't want to drive around on winter tires all through September. Ack.

jimglas | 15/11/2019

like you, I wish I had ordered earlier, but was waiting until winter

mialink | 16/11/2019

Last year it took a month or two (ordered in September or October and received late in November), the only notification was from my service center when they arrived.

jimglas | 16/11/2019

thanks for the info mia

wfickas | 18/11/2019

Just got an email that my tires/wheels arrived. Earliest installation appointment time is Dec 26th! Aside from dealing with another month of snow, I'm concerned that the shop has dire warnings that they won't hold onto them very long. I hope that takes into account their own delays.

andy.connor.e | 18/11/2019

You can get tires installed anywhere. But personally, i probably wouldnt want anyone else to do it.

wfickas | 18/11/2019

@andy.connor.e This is true, although I'd have to go get them from the Service Center and the installation comes with the purchase price. I could go buy the appropriate jack pad for my low profile jack and do it myself, if it comes to that :D

mialink | 18/11/2019

I installed them myself this year, went super easy. For the price the SC wanted to swap ($125) I purchased a set of 4 jack point adapters with cash to spare.

briandpapa | 23/11/2019

I ordered the winter tire package in mid September, and am still waiting for delivery. Have contacted customer service a few times. I was told at the end of October they would be delivered in the next week. Followed up two weeks later and was told they were not able to see where in the process the package was or when it would be delivered. I’ll likely cancel in the next day or two and order from TireRack with delivery in a few days. Pretty disappointing.

jimglas | 23/11/2019

they went dark and no info since order placed a month ago. 2 snowstorms in the interim.
Fingers crossed .....

keredhblue | 29/12/2019

I'm having the same issue. Ordered the Winter Tire Package for 19" Wheels on November 14, 2019. Haven't received an email yet saying it has shipped. Also haven't heard back from onlineorders@tesla.com. Just silence....

jimglas | 29/12/2019

All I have been able to get is that the wheels are "ordered"
An my credit card charged
No other info available.
I am begining to wonder if they will arive before spring

wfickas | 03/01/2020

Following up: Two days before my scheduled install date (i.e. Xmas eve) I got an email from the SC that said they did -not- have my tire set. We exchanged a few emails including me forwarding the one from the store claiming they had been delivered to the SC. SC reiterated they had searched everywhere, they didn't have them, and their system showed that the store had not sent them.
Since my 12/26 service appointment was still open, I went ahead and showed up anyway. The SC guys were super nice and also super apologetic about the store people. It seems I'm not the only one. They are working the issue to get me a firm date when they (SC) will get the set and will send mobile service out to do the swap once they get them. I'll let you all know.

jimglas | 03/01/2020

Still waiting
> 2 months now

jimglas | 03/01/2020

Still waiting
> 2 months now

ltphoto | 08/01/2020

Not sure why they are not showing up in some areas. I ordered December 9. Arrived December 27. Installed yesterday by mobile service. Snowing today. It's rare, but sometimes I get lucky.

jimglas | 08/01/2020

still waiting .....

jakecdouglas | 12/01/2020

I ordered Dec 3. Got a response from onlineorders@ after emailing twice, saying the SC would contact me by the end of last week. I was not contacted and can't even figure out how to contact the SC on the phone. Pressing the number for Service says that all service must be scheduled via the app, and pressing the number for Parts always goes to voicemail. I would consider driving there to talk to someone in person, but it sounds like they don't usually know anything.

The lack of communication is BS and we're now caveating our enthusiasm for Tesla with warnings about this kind of behavior.

wfickas | 17/01/2020

Following up: I got a call from Littleton SC yesterday. They have my set and scheduled me for this morning (1/17). The three and a half month wait is bad enough, but it is the poor communication that really makes this annoying:

1) No warning on the store site that there was a nominal 8 week delay for wheels.
2) No estimated time of shipment after placing the order.
3) No online system to check on order status.
4) No way to call to check on orders.
5) Takes weeks to get an answer to emails, if any answer comes at all, and then the answer is wrong.
6) Can't get through phone tree to speak to service at a Service Center.

I love my Model 3, but I'm going to pass on both sides of the Tesla story to any who ask me about the car.

jimglas | 17/01/2020

Still waiting since Nov 6th
What he said ^^^^^

mialink | 17/01/2020

Communication needs to be better, if you are in a bind and need them ASAP order from Tirerack. They are cheaper but some of the wheels are of much lesser quality.

jimglas | 17/01/2020

I already paid for the package
I imagine trying to get a refund would not be any fun either

doug.gant | 23/01/2020

I wish I would have know I’d have to wait for who knows how long (8 weeks according to wfickas post above) for winter tires on a car delivered to me in December. It’s winter here in the high Rockies and there are more and more days when I can’t drive the X. All season tires might be able to get you moving with traction control but they will not stop you like true winter tires. I’ve sent two messages to customer service that have not been answered. 1) can I just pickup the wheels and tires at SC and get them mounted somewhere else so I can use them before it is time to store for summer? 2) can I cancel my order and find tires somewhere else? I’m used to tire shops being busy before winter, but why can’t they deliver in January?

Any ideas on how to get a reply?

info | 23/01/2020

I would like to know, which companies can supply tesla car parts!,

info | 23/01/2020

I got few tesla cars as we are linked to auto wrecking and parts supply at https://carsremovalsydney.com.au/

jimglas | 24/01/2020

bump, still waiting