Forums

Poll: Location and action of the Functions/Visualizations display

Poll: Location and action of the Functions/Visualizations display

I find that, with my seating and steering wheel position, this part of the UI display would work better if on the right side of the UI screen, rather than the left (i.e., for US LHD cars). I'm curious where you think the ideal location of this permanently up display should reside and if you would want the option for MAPS to be full screen, sacrificing the visualizations display temporarily? Thoughts?

P.S. If you drive a RHD car (e.g., say in the UK), please note this in your reply post as not to confuse with LHD owner posts

Edit: Added "Poll" options to help clarify "the ask." Perhaps make the location user selectable (toggle in software) as one size doesn't fit all. Same for "Full Screen" Maps option.

How and where would you like this "functions/visualizations display window" to work?

A) As is (left side and permanently up), no change whatsoever

B) Permanently up as is, but on the right side so I can see it easier whilst driving

C) As is (left side and permanently up), but allow me to temporarily make MAPS full screen

D) Move to right side, and allow me to temporarily make MAPS full screen

E) Other (Please specify)

For me, I think I would prefer it on the right side and for it to disappear, temporarily, if I select MAPS full screen mode.

Joshan | 08/01/2020

The visualization are far more important to me than the maps. They show safety issues such as how close objects are and blink spot indicators.

Also seems like this would vary based on how large someone is and in essence how close their seat is changing the angle to the screen. Another case of "you can never please everyone"

jebinc | 08/01/2020

Added "Poll" options in OP to help clarify the ask. Perhaps made the location user selectable (toggle in software) as one size doesn't fit all. Same for "Full Screen" Maps.

jebinc | 08/01/2020

Added "Poll" options in OP to help clarify the ask. Perhaps made the location user selectable (toggle in software) as one size doesn't fit all. Same for "Full Screen" Maps.

Joshan | 08/01/2020

Are their laws dictating safety features and their visibility from a manufacturer? This is an important question as allowing people to move around alerts like BSI and the like could cause legal issues.

Even if not laws I could see this opening the door to lawsuits with people claiming "I could not find the safety feature output on the screen and that is why I crashed". But if the manual tells you where it is directly, it is on you.

Sorry, but I live in the "sue everyone for everything" good old USA. These are valid questions.

jebinc | 08/01/2020

-@Joshan

Yep, the US society is a litigious one for sure.