Forums

Dashcam idea- Will it work?

Dashcam idea- Will it work?

I was using a thumb drive to record my dash cam footage. It was a pain to take the thumb drive out and then put it into a computer to view a video. I just ordered one of the new USB sticks that you can put a micro USB card into and has a c-type connection that can be plugged into my cell phone. Now I should have the option of either taking the micro USB stick card out and putting it into my phone to watch the video or plugging the sticks USB c connector it into my phone and watching it. However, I have an old cell phone that I don't use anymore so I was wondering if I have the USB stick plugged in with the micro card inserted into the side and then plugged my old phone into the c connector plug with a cable, if I could watch the dash cam footage directly on the phone right away. Or would I have to save the file first somehow.

I don't really know how YouTube works, but would I be able to save the files automatically to a YouTube account if I had one and then would that somehow be able to automatically show up if I put on the YouTube channel in the car? Several years ago, I setup a YouTube account and when I log on to it in the car I can see things that I saved way back then but I have no recollection of how I did it. Was just wondering if this is possible or if some weird type of programming data would have to be done or someone would have to make up an app that would actually do this.