Forums

AI filtering of humans in Sentry / Dashcam videos (App)

AI filtering of humans in Sentry / Dashcam videos (App)

Hey everyone!

I'm James and I'm a fellow model 3 owner! As most of you know, seemingly benign events (e.g. rain) can trigger Sentry.

With this in mind, I wanted to introduce my app that uses AI to filter for the bulk filtering of Sentry/Dashcam incidences with humans in them.

Accessories are required (USB+Adapter), visit our website below for the accessories!

--

Support devices: iPhone, iPad
Future Support: MacOS (via Catalyst), Android

Current object recognition: Human
Future Objects: Animals, cars, license plate OCRs

--

The feedback from the first users have been great, see our reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/fejzvf/ai_filtering_for_hu...

We will be very actively developing this app! So please do let us know what we can improve.

Our website: www.sentry-ai.com (live demo there)
Our app store link: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/sentryai/id1498157357

For a limited time we are offering this app at $6.99 (instead of $9.99), and early adopters benefit from our updates going forward!

--

Disclosure: I am the developer and owner of this app.

FISHEV | 11/03/2020

Dang...that looks great. Really makes Sentry useful.

coselectric | 11/03/2020

James, awesome, thanks for sharing.

What's your timeframe on porting to Android?

kaosusan1 | 11/03/2020

Thanks! We are aiming for 2-3 weeks, will update here!

coselectric | 11/03/2020

Cool, thanks

kaosusan1 | 11/03/2020

Pleasure :)

NorthValley | 11/03/2020

I just paid $4.99....

kaosusan1 | 11/03/2020

Hahah maybe we priced it at 6.99 CAD or something!

justpassingthrough | 12/03/2020

Love the app so far. Do have an issue saving to photos, the app crashes, no problem saving to files.

kaosusan1 | 19/03/2020

Hey justpassingthrough,

Thanks for letting us know, I've made a note of it, will try to reproduce this and patch it for next update!

Atoms | 19/03/2020

My Nest camera does this. Maybe Tesla can set the new Chinese development team in Shanghai on this task? They are up and running there fine. In China they know what they are doing.

kaosusan1 | 20/03/2020

Elon isn't prioritizing further development of the Sentry mode system. He hasn't even added support for all the B pillar cameras yet. Unlikely any onboard / on app solution will appear from Tesla until he has rolled out FSD.

gmr6415 | 20/03/2020

@kaosusan1, "Elon isn't prioritizing further development of the Sentry mode system. He hasn't even added support for all the B pillar cameras yet. Unlikely any onboard / on app solution will appear from Tesla until he has rolled out FSD."

ByJoey Klender
Posted on March 16, 2020

Tesla’s Elon Musk hints at Sentry Mode video viewer, 12V battery monitoring features

kaosusan1 | 23/03/2020

"Will speak to team" is hardly hinting, bump!

bjrosen | 23/03/2020

Have you thought about having a free trial period followed by a subscription. From a business standpoint the one time payment is a bad idea, if you are planning to support it for a long time you want a regular revenue stream, and it also allows you to set a more attractive price. A $7.99/year annual subscription is a lot more appealing than a one time $9.99 fee. Ten bucks is a very expensive app, but a monthly fee of 99 cents or annual subscription fee of $7.99 will get you more revenue but also gives the users an option to cancel so they are less sensitive about shelling out for the app.