Forums

Fog lights

Fog lights

I am using model3 long-range/dual motor past one year.
It is proving difficult to go on control panel and push button for FOG lights.
If I am not wrong I am thinking to introduce system to detect the fog and prompt the option to the driver to switch on/off.
I know TESLA can do it.

Bighorn | 30/06/2020

Should eventually be a voice command.

RayNLA | 30/06/2020

Just leave them on!

syclone | 30/06/2020

i leave them on all the time also. But, with the low angle of light dispersal of modern headlights, fog lights are an anachronism. Actually, in the day, when conditions warranted use of fog lights, they were used in lieu of regular headlights.

jordanrichard | 30/06/2020

Technically no Tesla and next to no other modern car has real fog lights. A light positioned low in the front end doesn't make it a "fog light". Fog lights have fluted lenses and ideally be yellow. They are marketed as fog lights, but they aren't.

bp | 30/06/2020

On a related note, I’d like to know if anyone has swapped out their fog lamp bulbs with yellow bulbs.

mknewman | 07/07/2020

@bp I don't think they are bulbs, they are LEDs and are sealed units. I think it might be quite difficult to change them.

bp | 07/07/2020

They are LEDs; I was referring to swapping those with yellow LEDs.

TeslaTap.com | 07/07/2020

@bp - They are Tesla specific and would be difficult to unsolder and replace. Also, I thought they proved the yellow vs white fog lights make zero difference for visibility, but I could be wrong. Still the yellow sort of looks cool :)