Forums

Tesla App - no longer shows Upgrade Option to FSD

Tesla App - no longer shows Upgrade Option to FSD

Strange. Just looked at my Tesla App. Had to sign in again. Now, no longer shows Upgrade to FSD. ?

miliapa | 30/06/2020

Made me look.

Mine still has the option.

Perhaps upgrade through your account on the website if that's what you're trying to do.

AstroSteve | 30/06/2020

Maybe you have FSD?
Easy to check, just go to your account on Tesla.com and goto Manage and Details.
That'l tell you what you have and if the app is in error.
Early this year I saw some inconsistencies that were later corrected.

lbowroom | 30/06/2020

Unless you mean that the upgrade tab is missing. That would be an indication that you’re not logged into the main account but as an authorized user.

stombi | 30/06/2020

I had no upgrade tab, no "chest" in the top right corner either yesterday, now it's back, stange

M3phan | 30/06/2020

Price goes up tomorrow. Hurry.

A-man | 30/06/2020

I had same experience as the OP: app made me sign in again, and now no upgrade option in the app. I checked my account online, and the option still exists there.

mazers | 01/07/2020

Maybe Tesla got tired of waiting for you to pull the trigger.

jmccpa | 01/07/2020

The Upgrade tab is back! $8,000 for FSD.

Lonestar10_1999 | 01/07/2020

For folks with EAP, the upgrade price for FSD is now $5000. Yesterday it was $3000. If this was Monopoly money then why not go for it. But when you have to break your butt to accumulate a little financial safety net, your not so eager to give it away for what amounts to nonessential entertainment.

Personally, I have better things to do with my money than upgrade to FSD. Especially since EAP gives me more wow factor than I need.

Fredvanngo | 01/07/2020

Same here, only basic AP, upgrade FSD is $8K now is too much to add. No thanks.

Passion2Fly | 01/07/2020

Wow, $8k for just a software upgrade? I understand for those needing a HW3 upgrade... but if you already have HW3, it should be cheaper...

Bighorn | 01/07/2020

Elon has suggested that FSD will be so valuable to the robotaxi fleet that they’ll stop offering the cars to civilians.

pdeputy | 01/07/2020

Yo Tesla.........$8M. I couldn't at $7M sure can't at 8. Hard to believe that the value of that software increased by $1M over night.

Lonestar10_1999 | 01/07/2020

At $8k, you could buy a Nissan Leaf in decent condition or maybe invest it properly. My point is that it’s a lot of money and difficult for most folks to spend on an upgrade to a perfectly good and functional M3.

andy | 01/07/2020

@Bighorn what’s the logic behind that? It’s software. Easy to distribute and license.

I don’t know how many private owners would be comfortable with strangers using their car. Do you fancy a load of drunks getting in your car late at night when they pile out of the pub? Will they remember to press the exit button rather than pull the emergency handle? How gentle will they be with your paint and upholstery? Can you be sure they won’t smoke when they think nobody is looking?

Don’t get me wrong. I strongly believe in autonomous vehicles, but in a private luxury car with no driver to keep the passengers behaved?

The robust London and New York taxis are a good interior design model. The London taxi is iconic (and now electric). Easy to get in and out of, robust, spacious and excellent turning circle.

Mix the design of a London taxi with the steel of a Cybertruk and (eventually) FSD and you’d have a great autonomous taxi.

in7 | 01/07/2020

Bighorn, you said "Elon has suggested that FSD will be so valuable to the robotaxi fleet that they’ll stop offering the cars to civilians." Well, we're going to have SpaceX as an option then, because they're just starting to offer that to civilians.

pdeputy | 02/07/2020

It's just a matter of time until the software will need hardware updates to keep up. New sensors all around?

jeannebridge51 | 02/07/2020

I upgraded EAP to FSD on the 27th ... How long does it take to see the upgrade on my car?

Also, I have HW2.5 ... is this sufficient?

EVRider | 02/07/2020

@jeannebridge51: The upgrade should take effect pretty soon after you purchase FSD, a matter of minutes. Since you have EAP you won't see much of a functional difference, but the Controls > Software screen should show that you have FSD (if it was shown there as an option before).

HW2.5 doesn't give you access to all FSD features, but it's sufficient for the basics, though you already had those with EAP.

You can also check your online Tesla account and see if it shows FSD there (on your Vehicle Details page).