Forums

Elon about Model Y, a tweet he erased

Elon about Model Y, a tweet he erased

Questions are being raised about why a tweet posted last Friday by Elon Musk has been erased. Elon dropped a bombshell when he responded to a tweet with hints that a Model Y may be in the works, and it may have falcon wing doors. The inference was that it could be a smaller SUV presumably because falcon wing doors would be more appropriate to a crossover SUV than a compact Model 3.
Read more at http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-y-just-kidding/#eHcU3ZkgiSBBklXQ.99

Tropopause | 06/04/2016

If Model Y is to be priced similarly to Model 3, I don't see how falcon winged doors can provide low production costs. Model 3 is very simple and elegant.

yongliangzhu68 | 06/04/2016

Not sure what you are getting at. It is the worst keep secret that the next Tesla will be the MY of the M3 skateboard for the S3XY lineup. The reason the tweet was probably deleted is that with the total unexpected avalanche of preorders for the M3 will force Tesla to move back the MY for a few years. Tesla in OVERWHELMED at this point by the demand for the M3. Even if the factory was tooled up and ready today to output 200,000 M3s a year there is simply not enough lit-ion to cover this. Any MY will have to wait for at least 3 years and probably a lot longer.

David N | 06/04/2016

"Questions are being raised about why a tweet posted last Friday by Elon Musk has been erased "
Unless I'm mistaken, that tweet was from last October. Check the date .
Old news.
I think they have their hands full right about now.

inconel | 06/04/2016

Yes old tweet