Forums

Gift arrivals

Gift arrivals

Do you like your gifts or not?
Comments-

eric.whang | 06/04/2016

Did you get a gift for standing in line yet?

alnrench2 | 06/04/2016

Nothing here so far. A gift would be a very nice gesture, however, a beautiful Model 3 by the end of 2017 would be the best gift all by itself !

Shesmyne2 | 06/04/2016

Not yet but...wait for it...

Soon.

Still Grinning ;-)

Bighorn | 06/04/2016

The hundred people who lined up in Boston the day before are getting priority.

dd.micsol | 06/04/2016

That includes me. It was closer to 200 by the way.

mrjedistud | 06/04/2016

I WAS ACTUALLY HOPING OR A "DAY 1" BADGE FOR THE CAR? LEAVES A MRE LASTING MARK THAN A tshirt

JeffreyR | 06/04/2016

Sounds like a business opportunity. Maybe we can get a little triangle blinker specially made. Of course like red calipers on non-Signature cars, they will be a little diluted by folks that were not in the queues.

Octagondd | 06/04/2016

I'm thinking a one size fits all Red hat that has the Tesla logo and says "Make America Great Again"

Edwardsbutler | 06/04/2016

so how does Tesla assign who gets a gift. everyone who ordered in-store before the unveil or was there a cut off?

Edwardsbutler | 06/04/2016

wow the Tesla Phone charger is actually pretty neat !

TaoJones | 06/04/2016

It would be so much easier to just offer those - existing owners in particular - who waited in line a Design Studio upgrade/option of some sort :).

What? It could happen. As one who expected nothing extra - not even cookies, water and coffee, all of which were in abundance at the showroom, anything would of course be appreciated.

As long as there's a possibility, even something contrived to have extra value (a different paint colour, for example from the expanded paint shack) would be great - a differentiator, as it were - since there will be no Signature cars this time around. Easy software tweak - although what I originally dreamed up was maybe the AP convenience features - since turning that on would cost very little, assuming the car comes with the hardware in the first place - which also makes sense.

MarlonBrown | 06/04/2016

No gift. I wish it could be a gift certificate to let me get a Tesla t-shirt... Or better yet the $400 leather bag.

dsvick | 06/04/2016

@dd Really?! you're looking for a gift? Less than a week after Elon said there would be something? He also said they were "on order". You don't order 100,000 of something and get them produced, shipped, and delivered in less than a week. Be patient, be happy with whatever you get.

@Bighorn +1 nicely done
The hundred people who lined up in Boston the day before are getting priority.

adoh2010 | 06/04/2016

A nice gift would be free Supercharging for life, that would also surge the value of those first 50-70k cars and would be a great marketing move. Would cost Tesla a few millions/year but still worth the brand reputation.

eric.whang | 06/04/2016

Browsing through the Tesla Design Collection at http://shop.teslamotors.com/ and noticed the possibilities of gifts that could be sent to people who waited in line and the people who reserved online.

VicF | 06/04/2016

A nice frameable certificate with model 3 artwork and $1000 discount on the purchase

Ross1 | 07/04/2016

Somewhere on the Model X site I wrote a poem when St Elon aka Santa brought T-shirts and hats etc.
Down the chimney for Xmas.

Only 8 1/2 months to go now...til Xmas

pangolina | 07/04/2016

A poster size copy of Model 3 design sketches like those in Elon Musk's twitter post would be nice... (unfortunately cannot add the link - getting my message blocked)

pangolina | 07/04/2016

@Ross, that was a nice poem :)

The production estimate of late 2017 does bring it close to Christmas and New Year :)

V.travis | 07/04/2016

Elon said in a twitter message there would be a scale model 3 and 'other things'.. He also said something to the effect of everyone who pre-ordered would get a gift, but that additional goodies were coming to those of us who waited in line at a store...

Red Sage ca us | 08/04/2016

Glancing at Elon's Twitter page today, I suspect part of the goodie bag of schwag will include a print of Franz von Holzhausen's early sketches for Model ☰.