Forums

What if a M3 Cabrio version?

What if a M3 Cabrio version?

Do we have any chance to expect a Model 3 convertibile version? I think in open air mode we will c appreciate better the silente of an E.V. like this... What do you think? Does anyone be interested in this?

danielebernd | 13/11/2016

That's not likely. But why not as an option? We would have several options for the roof:

1. roof body paint
2. glass roof (without PV)
3. glass roof ( WITH PV)
4. sun roof ( glass and sliding roof)
5. NO roof ( convertible hood required)

Any more options???

Mazdarati | 13/11/2016

I have always liked the look of a carbon fiber roof like on an M4, and would love to see that be an option on the PxxD. I also would like to see there be at least two choices for the window trim, a black one as standard, and a chrome or maybe even body color one as an option. (I'm not sure how the body colored one would look though)

PaceyWhitter | 13/11/2016

I have always thought that 4 door convertibles look really awkward. Maybe Tesla could pull it off, but I wouldn't count on it.

dave.m.mcdonough | 13/11/2016

My current car is a convertible, and the road noise is pretty loud. Not planning on it for what will be the most silent car I've ever been in.

DTsea | 14/11/2016

no. safety.

JeffreyR | 14/11/2016

Would be great, but I'll wait until I'm not carting the kids before I get one.

jordanrichard | 14/11/2016

I think they would produce a convertible IF in doing so didn't compromise the range of the given battery.

sybren.henstra | 15/11/2016

Think Tesla will not do a Model 3 convertible, as it is believed they will produce a new roadster (https://electrek.co/2016/05/16/tesla-next-gen-roadster-faster-bigger/) and there is already quite a bit of work to do on the design and mass production of Model 3, Model Y and Tesla minivan, pick-ups, trucks and ....? May be even planes!

sybren.henstra | 15/11/2016

Think Tesla will not do a Model 3 convertible, as it is believed they will produce a new roadster (https://electrek.co/2016/05/16/tesla-next-gen-roadster-faster-bigger/) and there is already quite a bit of work to do on the design and mass production of Model 3, Model Y and Tesla minivan, pick-ups, trucks and ....? May be even planes!

gregorneumann | 28/11/2016

Great suggestion! I would appreciate a 4/5 seater Cabriolet.