Forums

Time waited for Tesla Parts?

Time waited for Tesla Parts?

After 3 months to get my X and after driving 1 month i got stupid accident that need to replace my rim and bumper and I got estimated time from my body shop about at least 2 months about Tesla parts order.Seriously???Anybody have better solution ?I really miss my X

carlk | 29/01/2017

Parodying trolls or a real troll?

PedanticOne | 29/01/2017

You have one solution: wait. Tesla parts seem to take a while, from all indications.

Redmiata98 | 29/01/2017

Tough decisions at the factory, produce repair parts or new vehicles. As Tesla progresses they will gain more experience and user data to determine the right mix. Unfortunately with the new model X, it might take a while but they will get the mix right soon.

carlk | 29/01/2017

SC replaced my active spoiler in about two weeks including ordering parts and painting the spoiler. As for rim I have not had any experiences with my X but Tesla did have an inventory of S rims the last time I needed one. It also provided the same day service for me since it's considered an urgent safety issue.

Again, as I have just mentioned in the S forum, it would be very helpful for op to make the thread private if the purpose is to exchange experiences and opinions with other owners.

viendu | 29/01/2017

My body shop is the only one Tesla Certified in San Diego and I saw the Model X P90D got exactly same my situation that turned in Nov 9th and They got parts form tesla on Jan 21st and need 4-5 week to fix it TOTAL ALMOST 4 MONTHS,THAT IS RIDICULOUS

mhkeyemd | 29/01/2017

Elon and Tesla admit that they have parts supplier problems. This is going to be a huge problem for Model 3. I waited 3-4 weeks for my seatbelt buckle to be replaced. They held my car for 1 week without doing anything, then they released it. They called me back in 3-4 weeks to tell me to make an appointment to get my seatbelt buckle to be fixed. Yes...this is all normal timing for Tesla.

lilbean | 29/01/2017

They would rather save the part for a customer who will be shelling out $120k soon, rather than give that part to someone who has already paid. Smh.

viendu | 31/01/2017

So no better solution?

Triggerplz | 31/01/2017

For those that have an accident and don't have an extra vehicle and are waiting for parts are going to be in trouble as that 30 day rental won't be enough, will your insurance company just give 90/120 day rentals for Tesla owners https://imgur.com/a/GYiX0

sp_tesla | 31/01/2017

"lilbean | January 29, 2017
They would rather save the part for a customer who will be shelling out $120k soon, rather than give that part to someone who has already paid. Smh."

Option 1:
Owners need to get together and publicly complain/shame Elon Musk that this is not acceptable & need to change priority of parts delivery.
Option 2:
Suffer unnecessarily & have a smirk instead of the famous grin.

lilbean | 31/01/2017

Like this? :/ or :| or :? or :}

mhkeyemd | 31/01/2017

How about 6-8 weeks... I just got a text from Tesla SC saying that they will change my driver seat, but I have to wait 6-8 weeks.... yap, the new normal for me with Tesla...

vperl | 02/02/2017

lilbean, yep my floor board for my five seater, arrived a month and a half after arriving at theService Center.

Today when getting my FB, I will ask for my two tow hooks....

Ought to be interesting.

Be Happy

O:-)

vperl | 02/02/2017

Whoops, bet the 400,000 M3 owners will scream and cause changes.

Like have actual Service Centers that can handle the vehicles and have normal waiting rooms and actual trained, experienced Service Advisors, not greeters....

Silver2K | 02/02/2017

you have to stay on top of the body shop. they're already telling you they don't give a shit. get the number they call for parts and stay on tesla's ass.

busy body shops call for parts and just wait, they don't stay on top of the job.

Silver2K | 02/02/2017

once you take your car to the body shop, they are guaranteed a lot of money for the work. they will tarp your car and just wait, because you don't have much of a choice

vperl | 02/02/2017

Got the supposed load board for five seater, but the SC does not have between 4-6 or so other parts.

The Parts Department and Service Center have no clue, about what or how many parts are missing, let alone parts numbers.

There is absolutely NO timeline to as to when or if the missing parts will or will ever arrive

You can bet, in a few months the new folks will riot and burn the place down for immediate satisfaction.

I wait patiently.

TeslaTap.com | 02/02/2017

A good solution (which applies to any make/car) is to fix what needs to make the car drivable (i.e. wheel and rim in your case), and drive your car until the parts arrive. This will not work for every case - depending on the extent of the damage, but may be a good solution for some.

Also keep in mind that
1) Body shops don't order parts until approved by insurance (2-20 days)
2) Body shops don't start until the parts arrive.
3) They may find additional parts are needed (or they ordered the wrong part).
4) Insurance may be involved if more costs/parts are required (2-20 days)
5) Delays from #3 are then blamed on the manufacturer, even if the shop was the cause - that way you don't get on their case as it was "out of their control".
5) The shop usually has other jobs pending, so your place in the queue may add more time.

Basically you don't know if Tesla is slow or the shop is just selling BS. I've gotten major parts in less than 24 hours (ok, I am 30 miles from the factory, and the shop gets parts daily). I've also had to wait a week for a part (non-critical trim). Fortunately, I haven't had to work with body shops.

lilbean | 02/02/2017

Lol, vperl!

Triggerplz | 02/02/2017

O Boy

vperl | 02/02/2017

Got to love the total incompetence of these Parts Department folks that have not a clue.

Who hires these folks ?

Don't get it wrong, the employees are very polite and such, but should not be occupying many of the positions , but it is Tesla. Doubt most of these employees ever worked in the autonparts or Auto service industry. No one trains them or any supervision of job performance. Clueless

But, I wait patiently.

Be Happy

poloX | 03/02/2017

Yeah, I am in exactly the same situation as vperl. I had to search for the pictures of the complete pieces on line, downloaded it, and annotated my missing pieces and sent it to them along with pictures of my car showing the missing pieces so they know what they owe me.

poloX | 03/02/2017

Viendu, your description of the damage, bumper and rim, if you have a new rim, will it be drivable? Can you install a new rim and drive with a damaged bumper until ...?

vperl | 03/02/2017

All the people I worked for would take immediate steps in training and hire experienced people to fill jobs, just not hire a friendly person.

Results all through Tesla is. Lacking. Why am I waiting for the parts to complete my five seater..

Just excuses, Tesla... Hope Tesla improves the actual customer relations to a point all you have good to say about the service center is the employees are polite. But totally clueless about the car, and the five seat rear floor panel and associated parts ?

Then wait months....

But, I wait patiently

Be Happy

vperl | 04/02/2017

Still waiting.

Be Happy

Saxman | 04/02/2017

Vperl
Other than waiting for missing parts, seriously are you pleased with 5 seater, both functionality & appearance?

Just curious.

I'm happy!

vperl | 04/02/2017

Yes

Saxman | 04/02/2017

Glad to hear that.

vperl | 04/02/2017

Tesla hires and does not train their Service Center staff in the actual vehicles.

None have a clue about the five seat floor board, the auto parts department at the Service Center employees are not trained and up to date .. Clueless

Nice polite folks working without a clue. They try, but without proper individualized knowledge of the differences and requirements of the , five, six, and seven seat MX.. they can, Tesla cares not to train their folks...

Hope, prayer, and optimistic unrealistic expectations of these employees to succeed without training is the order of the day.

Will it change?

Doubtfull

Saxman | 04/02/2017

Does anyone have any idea as to what percentage of 5 Seaters had missing floor boards and/or vertical barrier?
If significant, one would think this would be a priority and SC personnel would be kept in the loop.

vperl | 04/02/2017

I asked that vary question, with a polite shoulder shrug, and no response.

Untrained, inexperienced, no motivation, polite folks.

Be Happy

I wait

jeffpoel | 05/02/2017

Vperl, so what parts were missing from your car? Floor boards? The inside floor of the car wasn't installed at the factory? Please elaborate

vperl | 05/02/2017

Nothing from factory was in the vehicle for the five seater. No floor panel ..

Number of parts or anything ... Guess what no one at Tesla knows exactly what is missing or the exact number of parts, even after I asked multiple times

Guess I do not mention the service center, parts department do not know.

Clueless, but polite folks.

Be Happy

I wait.

vperl | 05/02/2017

Read Feb 2 post above, for folks that ask what, why

vperl | 07/02/2017

Still waiting

Be Happy

lilbean | 07/02/2017

I got my hitch case thanks to you! :-)

vperl | 07/02/2017

Yes, where is my commission !!

All you gotta do is ask and be persistent.

My stuff for my five seater, they will get calls by the 22 of this month.

Then one more call.

Then a registered letter.

Gotta love it.

Be Happy

lilbean | 07/02/2017

Commission. Hmm. It was free so I guess you already got it. Tea on me if you ever come to the "golden" state of CA. :)

vperl | 07/02/2017

Tea, pass

But, Thanks.

Might, got a buddy that is an established realestate guy in Frisco are.. possible trip

sp_tesla | 07/02/2017

lilbean | February 7, 2017
Commission. Hmm. It was free so I guess you already got it. Tea on me if you ever come to the "golden" state of CA. :)

NOOOOO! carlk is more than enough (Thank god he is in northern part)

lilbean | 07/02/2017

Haha!

PedanticOne | 07/02/2017

On a different note, who the hell says Frisco? :-P

Saxman | 07/02/2017

Pedantic

I do when I go to Frisco, CO
:)

PedanticOne | 07/02/2017

That's cheating!

vperl | 07/02/2017

Then one wonders why this forum is like poison to most owners.

The remarks made by some.

poloX | 07/02/2017

Vpel, look who is talking!!!

Triggerplz | 07/02/2017

@poloX + 1000000

vperl | 08/02/2017

Whoops you two are the best examples if any wish to read your crap.

Most will not, so keep up your hate, makes you feel superior.

PedanticOne | 08/02/2017

What happened to Be Happy?

vperl | 08/02/2017

Get glasses

Be Happy

Pages