Forums

Used Roadster

Used Roadster

Why is there nothing on Tesla pre owned about any roadsters? There are tons of 2013 and 2014 MS to choose from but zero roadsters. Did tesla stop taking them in on trade because of reliability issues or what? There should be a fair amount of roadsters out there that are only 5-6 years old.

thomasdwest2 | 23/02/2017

The Roadster CPO program stopped in late 2013 / early 2014 I believe. Tesla still takes in Roadsters on trade-in, only they are auctioned off to dealerships at that point.

They stopped CPO Roadsters to focus on the CPO Model S program. Also, it seems like they no longer want to worry about having Roadsters under warranty. The major parts are hand built and take time on a case-by-case basis, whereas Model S/X parts are mass produced and are easier to provide & service.
By late September 2017, all US Roadsters will likely be out of warranty. If you're considering one, consider that I've had less problems with two of my Roadsters over 23,000 miles than I did with a Model S over 8,000 miles. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Most fun I've ever had with a vehicle and an iconic one at that.