Forums

Powerwall Support From Tesla

Powerwall Support From Tesla

I had a Powerwall installed in September 2017. On December 16 the app portion devoted to the Powerwall ceased functioning. The name on the app changed from mine to a Joseph Degulis and the preferences changed from Backup Only to Self-Powered. The battery showed 3X the number of units installed and the usage of Degulis averaged around 11 to 12 Kw – I seldom go over 7 and normal usage is around 2.0. Right now, in the dead of winter with my non-Tesla panels covered with snow, the app shows 2.8 Kw production; this is impossible.

I have been trying for three weeks to get Tesla to do something about this, but the company seems unable to get a Powerwall expert to address the issue. We, in New Hampshire, are under constant threat of power outages due to blizzard conditions. This is intolerable. I am about to ask for my money back.

SE Boege

seboege | 04/01/2018

I had a Powerwall installed in September 2017. On December 16 the app portion devoted to the Powerwall ceased functioning. The name on the app changed from mine to a Joseph Degulis and the preferences changed from Backup Only to Self-Powered. The battery showed 3X the number of units installed and the usage of Degulis averaged around 11 to 12 Kw – I seldom go over 7 and normal usage is around 2.0. Right now, in the dead of winter with my non-Tesla panels covered with snow, the app shows 2.8 Kw production; this is impossible.

I have been trying for three weeks to get Tesla to do something about this, but the company seems unable to get a Powerwall expert to address the issue. We, in New Hampshire, are under constant threat of power outages due to blizzard conditions. This is intolerable. I am about to ask for my money back.

rfortier | 20/01/2018

I've been dealing with customer service rebuff for 90 days with no improvements, no solutions, no communication.

This is by far one of the worst customer service experiences of my life.

rfortier | 21/01/2018

I flipped my breakers, first to the powerwall, left it off for about a minute then on again. Then the powerwall output breaker, off for about 3 minutes, which tripped the system to battery backup mode and must have reset the cpu of the data recorder because the app is performing as expected and my powerwall has charged back to 100%. The app is reporting a power outage of 7 minutes which was the breaker trip and not an actual power outage.