Forums

It’s Thursday...

It’s Thursday...

Anyone get an invite yet today?

andy.connor.e | 11/01/2018

2 days before the day after tomorrow.

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

Not I, but it's not even 7am California time. I'll probably be checking hourly because I'm a big loser.

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

Not I, but it's not even 7am California time. I'll probably be checking hourly because I'm a big loser.

Alaibson | 11/01/2018

I'm on the west coast as well. Do the batches of configuration emails only go out on Thursday's?

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

It's not an official or standard thing but a few of the batches did go out on Thursdays so we're all holding our breath hoping.

burdogg | 11/01/2018

We really don't know, but that has been the trend - have yet to see a Mon or Tues invite :)

KP in NPT | 11/01/2018

Mine came in the afternoon....so maybe later on. :)

MTTPA | 11/01/2018

@PG
If you're a big loser, as an owner 3/31 reservationist, what does that say about us non-owners who keep checking the delivery estimates on our Tesla accounts?

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

That you're an optimist :)

Never lose that!

I like @PG's attitude.

RichardKJ | 11/01/2018

It seems to me that past emails have been mid-morning to after noon (pacific time) and it’s still early here. I’m hoping for an invite today too (day 3 California reservation). There’s a 50% chance I’ll wait for white.

okko | 11/01/2018

I work at an automotive plant in Canada and one of the suppliers who supply parts here also provide a part for Tesla's model 3. I asked if they have "ramped up" their shipments to the GF plant and they told me that they are currently shipping 5000 pieces per week.

It's getting closer........

Kev

mickeywdw1254 | 11/01/2018

No email here yet either but I'm waiting to see how this headliner issue works out anyway so my rush to get mine slowed down slightly LOL.

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

I have the tan/cream/whatever you'd call it colored textile headliner in my Model S with a pano roof. Because there was so much glass, I didn't find it worth the upgrade price.

I can say that in 3 years of ownership, I've barely looked at the headliner. But, to be fair, neither my husband nor I are particularly tall and neither have difficulty with ingress/egress necessitating holding on with our hands. That being said, the headliner has not shown signs of wear.

mntlvr23 | 11/01/2018

"That you're an optimist - Never lose that!"
lol

Colatabajonies | 11/01/2018

Where the hell are all the invites?

bricha55 | 11/01/2018

I knew once whoever it was last week realized that most of the invites were going out on Thursdays that we would start seeing comments like Cloatabajonies.

We have no one inside of the company telling us this is procedure, just some antidotal evidence. So @Cloataboaiones settle down, it will come when it comes.

burdogg | 11/01/2018

I noticed the same trend though - as I keep up the thread on it, and they all are on Thursdays. Now that is just a trend, no guarantee ;)

PG - I agree with you, I am 6 foot. I mentioned before, I have an S alcantara and X that is the cloth. Only noticed the difference on delivery :) And as far as the S and alcantara, I never pay attention to it either, but I must not be a "high end" user that such things make a difference to me :) Even though the stuff on my X looks great too.

slr_pwrd | 11/01/2018

I got invite last Thursday at 1:20pm and few people I know reported about same time,,,best wishes to everyone.who are expecting an invite soon....

TheChad | 11/01/2018

Tesla is onto us. They see e figured out the Thursday thing so now they will randomize it

SCCRENDO | 11/01/2018

I have mentioned this before but many of us including myself got our invite on Friday Dec 22. I was sitting at Long Beach Airport waiting to fly to Utah for a Christmas weekend ski trip and configured and ordered my car while waiting to board. I know the anxiety and anticipation as I am going through this now waiting to pick up my car tomorrow but it will happen soon to all owners. After a slight delay Tesla seems back on track. And all previous owners should be invited in the next few weeks.

ebiggs | 11/01/2018

Maybe they are holding off on sending out invites until they've updated their configurator to show textile headliner, to make it seem as though it had “always been planned at this stage of production.”

sbeggs | 11/01/2018

@SCCRENDO, enjoy the ride tomorrow. TGIF!

seattlemag | 11/01/2018

I saw a truck full of invites here in Seattle the other day.... just waiting for those bad boys to get unloaded! ;-)

rxlawdude | 11/01/2018

@SCCRENDO, I live just a few miles from the Costa Mesa delivery center. What time are you scheduled to get your new baby tomorrow? Might be an opportunity to meet in person.

burdogg | 11/01/2018

I almost got excited - I went to my email and at the top - an email from Tesla! Then I saw the headline descriptor and it is to remind me of my service appointment next week :(

Oh well...I will continue to sit here twiddling my thumbs, refusing to do anything until that invite comes...it might be a long 2 months :)

SCCRENDO | 11/01/2018

@rxlawdude. 3pm

sbeggs | 11/01/2018

It's one thirty Pacific already, time for the tooth fairy to alight on our computers and cell phones....

spockagain34 | 11/01/2018

I hate how I hadn't noticed that the invites had been coming out roughly on Thursday until today. I wasn't anxious about it until now. :/

rxlawdude | 11/01/2018

@SCC, I've got a conference call from 3p-4p. If you'll be there a bit early, I could swing by around 2:45. If not, no biggie.

sabentz | 11/01/2018

Has the Alcantara headliner fiasco, caused a change in production and the Thursday invitation trend.....we will never know

burdogg | 11/01/2018

It is all now one big conspiracy - we were on to them and so they have to now change it all up...

Colatabajonies | 11/01/2018

stop complaining! every time we ask them to change something.... production slows down!

Im about to write a paragraph about the things that i want changed. Dont make me do it, it'll delay delivery by another week.

sbeggs | 11/01/2018

Thursday's child has far to go...

burdogg | 11/01/2018

I dare you - oh, even double dogg (ha) dare you :)

PhillyGal | 11/01/2018

Haven't heard a thing on this forum, on Twitter and certainly in on my MyTesla page. Boo!

burdogg | 11/01/2018

We jinxed it...:(

Zepsmith | 11/01/2018

How far west have the invites gone? Are we in Kansas yet? ;-} (I'm actually on the east coast....)

mikepisko | 11/01/2018

Any east coast Philadelphia area owners get an invite yet?

SCCRENDO | 11/01/2018

@Rxlawdude. I can text you to let you know how I am going. I will try get there early.

burdogg | 11/01/2018

I don't think we are in Kansas anymore :)

rxlawdude | 11/01/2018

@SCC, sounds good. You've got my number.

mokt_usa | 12/01/2018

This is my status. I am a pre Model S owner, and made the model 3 reservation in Burlingame Store the first day it was launched. On 12/15/2017, I received an email to ask me to place order and to configure and I completed the configuration on 12/18/2017. On 12/26/2017 I was contacted to arrange delivery with a VIN and payment, registration details. That means the car was available for immediate delivery in Fremont. Because I was traveling and finally I picked up my model 3 yesterday. It is absolutely a beauituiful car. In many aspects except certain features in comparison to model S, the model 3 exceeds my expectation after paying $65k. I will only drive tesla and have been since four years ago.

PhillyGal | 12/01/2018

@mikepisko - Not I.

andy.connor.e | 12/01/2018

go away its not thursday anymore

RichardKJ | 12/01/2018

Thursday is coming...

andy.connor.e | 12/01/2018

soon......

burdogg | 12/01/2018

You didn't know? Friday is the new Thursday! Or maybe it is groundhog's day for some of us and we will continue to relieve this miserable uninvited Thursday over and over and over again. Please Tesla, pretty please, stop this insanity and just send us some invites :)

burdogg | 12/01/2018

relieve ha - relive!

Pages