Forums

Door lock question - unrelated to phone

Door lock question - unrelated to phone

How do you manually lock/unlock the doors from the inside of the car? I don't see a Lock button near the window switches on the door like ever other car I've ever been in.

I assuming the car auto locks when you put it in drive and exceed 15 mph... but then what? if you come to a stop, can you open the doors? are you forced to put the car in park before the doors can be opened? Is there a lock/unlock screen on the touch pad that I missed? Seems a bit odd not having a quickly accessible lock/unlock button on the door... I don't use it ever day, but I can think of a bunch of edge-cases where I do actively use the lock/unlock button.

Thanks!

https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl
.com/files/2017/10/Tesla-Model-3-door-pockets.png

andy.connor.e | 30/01/2018

Its on the touch screen. Please excuse me while a gasp in awe at that its not "like ever other car i've ever been in."

ybbor | 30/01/2018

That's what I hoped, I just could not find a screenshot anywhere that shows the lock/unlock buttons on the screen.

thanks!

andy.connor.e | 30/01/2018

Pretty sure its just a lock icon. Somewhere at the top.

SCCRENDO | 30/01/2018

Yes upper left on the main part of the screen, not the pseudo dash strip.

ybbor | 30/01/2018

I just saw the little Lock icon next to the 4g signal strength in a screenshot. Is that it? How does it work; I assume tapping it locks/unlocks all the doors? Thanks, had not noticed it until now.

Rutrow | 30/01/2018

From the Owners manual:

You can also unlock the doors by pressing the Park button on the end of the gear selector a second time. Pressing this button once engages the Park gear and pressing it again unlocks the doors.

Note: If Unlock Door is set to Driver, only the driver's door unlocks and you will need to press the Park button a third time to over ride this setting and unlock all doors.

Yodrak. | 30/01/2018

I kind of like the idea of needing to put the car in Park before the doors unlock - helps avoid a potentially ugly accident.

"I don't see a Lock button near the window switches on the door like ever other car I've ever been in."
Guess I'm showing my age, but I've owned many cars that didn't have window switches, but every door did have it's own (manual) lock/unlock button.

socaldave | 30/01/2018

Can anyone confirm a double pull of the handle/latch will open a locked door? I know there's both a button and a latch.

SCCRENDO | 30/01/2018

The latch I believe is an emergency exit when power is lost. My wife pulled it and the car gave a warning not to use it except in an emergency as it can damage the window.

socaldave | 30/01/2018

@SCC, thx mate!