Forums

What's the best products for cleaning a Tesla Model 3?

What's the best products for cleaning a Tesla Model 3?

What do you use to wash your car? Interior and exterior? What's the best way to wash a tesla and with what products?

rdavis | 27/03/2018

I use Meguiar's G17748 Wash and Wax with a Chemical Guys MIC 493 Chenille Microfiber Wash Mitt,

jeffneil | 27/03/2018

Gary is that you?

carlk | 27/03/2018

This is the very best. Easy to use with two bucket system. Get you great shine without waxing and won't produce swirls or scratches. Sounds to good to be true but it is. I've been using this for years with my Porsche, Model S and Model X. Wouldn't want to use anything else.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-NR2010Q-Rinse-Wash-Shine/dp/B00D8DR0AO/re...

JerryJBanks | 27/03/2018

I use Rain-X car wash and Sprayway for the glass. Seems to work fine.

JerryJBanks | 27/03/2018

I just watched the Optimum No Rinse video demo on a new Porsche from the link provided by carlk above. Looks like a good solution. A lot less water needed too.

Bated Breath | 28/03/2018

I've been driving the same car since 2009. I have only used Optimum No Rinse. No swirls in my paint.

Use waffle weave microfiber sponges and towells. Also have a 5 gallon bucket and a grit guard.

rdavis | 28/03/2018

I do like Optimum, especially in the winter; however I do prefer the wash and shine in the summer for the glossy finish it helps keep between waxes.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 28/03/2018

There is this stuff that comes highly recommended... You may have heard of it before... It is called, 'water' and may also require the generous application of 'elbow grease'.

shank15217 | 28/03/2018

Unicorn blood for the outside and pixie dust for the inside.

Ashley.v | 28/03/2018

I use only H2O......if I’d have know how easy it was to keep a matte wrap looking great, I’d have did it to all my cars.

If I’m really feeling like I want it perfect, I’ll squegee or chamois off the water.

I’m curious what products you guys like best on the interior. Interior detailing is definitely my weakness

woodyeddoc | 12/05/2019

Hey guys, I'm a little late to the party here, but the question is relevant. I have the outside of the car covered. What I need to know is what to clean and protect the inside of the car with? Since it's not real leather, what is the best product to clean everything with and then what is best to protect it with? I know they make ceramic coating products for leather, but is that appropriate for the inside of the Model 3?

Thanks!

Bated Breath | 12/05/2019

Aerospace 303

SalisburySam | 13/05/2019

Dampened (with water) microfiber cloths. Lots of cloths. Even more.

jordanrichard | 13/05/2019

"Protection" is soooo oversold. The assumption is that protection is needed in the first place. Any "protectants" you use in your interior will "gas out" and then settle on the glass, most noticeably on the windshield in the form of a gray film. So basically you end up creating more work for yourself.

awhiting | 13/05/2019

I've been using WashMist for a few months. It's fantastic because you can use it on the outside of the car and windows and on the inside seats, etc. You get the kit and everything but distilled water comes with the package.

https://www.amazon.com/WashMist-Waterless-Car-Wash-Kit/dp/B07GDW5226/ref...

AWDTesla | 13/05/2019

Keep it simple. Optimum No Rinse (ONR)

Can also be used in the interior.

MichaelG7656 | 02/07/2019

Great products are only as good as the car detailer that uses them, which is why https://mobilecardetailingperth.com.au/ have the most highly trained, and incredibly skilled technicians available for your car wax. I highly recommend them.

MichaelG7656 | 02/07/2019

Great products are only as good as the car detailer that uses them, which is why https://mobilecardetailingperth.com.au/ have the most highly trained, and incredibly skilled technicians available for your car wax. I highly recommend them.

billtphotoman | 02/07/2019

I am with @carlk on Optimum No Rinse for the exterior, especially in places with outdoor water use restrictions. I can wash the car with ONR in less time than it takes me to drive to the local spray-N-pay, wash with the grit-filled brush and drive back. Plus, you can use ONR in your garage.

Boomer543 | 02/07/2019

For the folks that use Optimum No Rinse, do you also use the sealer they show in the video on Amazon?

jvcesare | 02/07/2019

For all the glass I use Invisible Glass
You can also get it with a tool to clean the interior windshield
https://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Glass-99031-Reach-Clean/dp/B01C6PE73C/r...

rxlawdude | 02/07/2019

@Boomer, I don't use the sealer, but after ONR (I use the "spray and wipe" method, which is not what the majority elect to do) I will use Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer.

Great stuff. The Instant Detailer can also be used to one-step clean, but the car really needs to be very lightly soiled before I'd even think of using it as a substitute for the ONR step first.

cloganplatt | 02/07/2019

...Another vote for Optimum no rise - amazing product for exterior and interior. I never use the sealer you see in the Amazon video - still turns out amazing. I do have ceramic coating on my M3P+