Forums

My P100D was damaged during a transportation before a delivery

My P100D was damaged during a transportation before a delivery

Got a call today from Tesla and the manager said that my model X P100D was damaged (a minor scratch) during a transportation. She said that they are going to detail it and I refused. Scratched and painted $225,000 (Canadian) car that had to be brand new? No, thank you.

Just for the record it's going to be Oakville, ON location.

She said that I can get it with a scratch and they will fix it later and it just feel wrong about it. There is an option to wait 2 more months for a new car...

Even rescheduling feels really bad for me because I assigned few important business meetings and things to do, rented another car and we live about 400km from the place of the delivery...

Seriously disappointed, pissed off and upset. Our previous delivery was excellent and now it started just terrible.

jerryk | 15. elokuu 2018

At least they were honest with you about it. It is surprising how many brand new cars are sold each year with minor and not so minor damage histories.

Down here in the US they can do it legally. See this https://www.autoblog.com/2015/12/06/new-car-damage-repair/ Here is an interesting excerpt from the article.

"Most states set a threshold of three to six percent of the MSRP as the required amount for disclosure to a buyer. I recently purchased a Subaru WRX in North Carolina and took a look at the local disclosure laws. In NC, the law states that dealers are required to disclose damage on new cars that exceeds five percent of the MSRP but are not required to disclose damage to glass, tires, or bumpers if the items are replaced with original-equipment parts. This means that the WRX I purchased with an MSRP of $28,138 could have up to $1,400 in repairs and the dealer would not be required to disclose it."

Leo Snow | 15. elokuu 2018

Just for a clarification: I'm not pissed off on the Tesla team. I'm pissed off that it did happen.

Just for a clarification: I'm not pissed off on the Tesla team. I'm pissed off that it did happen. Don't get me wrong there. It's like you hit your finger with a hammer, you're part off not because of the hammer, but because it happened with you.

jerryk | 15. elokuu 2018

@Leo. Understand.

Have you decided what you do?

I think I am going to pick it up as it is and wait for a spare part. I don't feel really confident with the paint job for the new car.

I think I am going to pick it up as it is and wait for a spare part. I don't feel really confident with the paint job for the new car.

jjgunn | 16. elokuu 2018

Understand you're pissed but "a minor scratch"?!? You sure you don't want to look over the car & see if everything else is 100%?

Rejecting a car for a "minor scratch" seems a little overkill. They will fix it

burdogg | 16. elokuu 2018

I don't know Leo - I still curse at the hammer for hitting my finger! :)

Triggerplz | 16. elokuu 2018

Bishop Burdogg cursing
Awww Hell Naw

justin.rogers77 | 16. elokuu 2018

My MS got rear ended very lightly and scratched and put a small dent in the trunk lid, certified body shop did a great job fixing it. Can't tell at all. I say take get it fixed and take delivery.

inconel | 16. elokuu 2018

Yes check out the car first. If it's a small scratch I would take delivery. Imagine you wait another 2 months how will you feel when you put yourself a scratch on that car? Nothing will stay perfect forever.

zhayball | 25. maaliskuu 2020

My model y performance has been damaged and with the corona virus and freemont factory down no telling when I will get my car that I'm already paying for.